Data Import Failure (Read 175 times)

eric :)

I am still having this issue as of today. Run workouts transfer over from Garmin automatically perfectly. Swim workouts do not transfer and I get several 'Data import error messages'. Importing the .TCX file manually works fine.

Hi cbsteven1,

Could you send me some sample files so I can take a look? My email address is support@runningahead.com.

eric Smile

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I am having a similar problem. My swim data is uploaded, but I cannot edit the workout. If I make any changes (for example to select the workout type or route), I get this error message: "An interval of type interval needs at least a distance or duration"  Both distance and duration are specified, so this does not make sense.

chuck aron

Me too

My one swim entry didn't enter from Garmin and I got the same message, so I manually entered the overall data.

type2poser

I received two data entry failure messages from my swim this AM.  Run workout from yesterday imported fine

bluerun

Super B****

I received two data entry failure messages from my swim this AM.  Run workout from yesterday imported fine

Yep... I've been getting these for swims for weeks now.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I am having a similar problem. My swim data is uploaded, but I cannot edit the workout. If I make any changes (for example to select the workout type or route), I get this error message: "An interval of type interval needs at least a distance or duration"  Both distance and duration are specified, so this does not make sense.

Hi jerseyrunner,

Could you point me to such a workout so I can try to reproduce it?

RA was under heavy load this morning, causing some of the workout processing to fail. Garmin Connect should have resent the workouts to RA by now.

type2poser

I am sorry to say that I am still getting Data Import Failure messages from my swim yesterday.  My run/bike from this AM imported fine.  Seems to only be a swim issue if this is possible.  Latest message was two hours ago.

jbaco

I am also getting the data import message. Same as well the bike and run import , but the swim does not.

This has been happening for several weeks, i have been able to import the swim information from Garmin.

I wonder if the problem is caused by switching to support the FIT 2.0 format. Could someone send me a sample FIT file containing a swim workout so I can see what's going on? My email address is support@runningahead.com.  Thank you.

bluerun

Super B****

I wonder if the problem is caused by switching to support the FIT 2.0 format. Could someone send me a sample FIT file containing a swim workout so I can see what's going on? My email address is support@runningahead.com.  Thank you.

Done.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Hi jerseyrunner,

Could you point me to such a workout so I can try to reproduce it?

My swim workout from 7/12/2017 -- can't edit this one. I was able to upload and edit a pool workout on 7/24 with no problem, so it doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem.

Thanks for the confirmation! Bluerun sent me a sample file and I discovered that at least on 910XT, the swim workouts do not have timestamps with each reading. Since a timestamp is the most basic element of each data packet, I expected that it always exists. Never assume anything from Garmin. Lesson learned. I deployed the fix a few days ago.

type2poser

I am still receiving data input errors from my swim workouts.  Two from this AM's swim.  I have been using a 910XT.  I have been using this watch for a while now and this seems to be a more recent problem.

jbaco

Exact same problem for me, same 910XT  and only errors with the swim. I have been importing from Garmin for the swims. It seems like I get multiple failures each day for the same workout, as well.

I am still receiving data input errors from my swim workouts.  Two from this AM's swim.  I have been using a 910XT.  I have been using this watch for a while now and this seems to be a more recent problem.