WHEN to run? (Read 1139 times)

I leave for work at 7:15 a.m. I get home from work at 6:30 p.m. It doesn't get light until around 7:00 a.m. It starts getting dark around 6:45 p.m. It's too dangerous to run around here outside when it's dark .... am I stuck with the dreadmill until Spring? Cry
    2009: BQ?

It's too dangerous to run around here outside when it's dark .... am I stuck with the dreadmill until Spring? Cry
      Headlamp + reflective vest + blinking red light strapped to your arm It works wonders for making you seen. I bought an 8 LED red blinker for my bike, and attach it to a strap to my arm.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

madness baby

Yeah, but I don't know that it's being seen that Trish is worried about. Wink I'm with ya, Trish. What's a girl to do?!
        deb
          Headlamp + reflective vest + blinking red light strapped to your arm It works wonders for making you seen. I bought an 8 LED red blinker for my bike, and attach it to a strap to my arm.
          Add pepper spray and that's what I'll be doing! Sorry to hear you don't have that option Tricia and Deb Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yeah, I don't WANT to be seen Tongue .... Baltimore has one of (the?) highest crime rates in the country. We had a double homicide on our corner a couple of months ago. Nice. Looks the TM until Spring!
            2009: BQ?
              Ya, I've been getting depressed about this all week. I used to love to run in the dark but that was when I lived somewhere else and I had a nice lonely path. I'm just going to fight through it. At least I have two days a week that I can run with some light. Cool
                I think I may change my running schedule. I used to have Sunday as a rest day. Now I may make that a running day and have Monday as a rest day. Then I'll only have two days a week on the TM. I must repeat (fake it till I make it) - the treadmill is my friend, the treadmill is my friend.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                  Trishie - do you have any indoor tracks you could get to? I used one last winter - 7 laps per mile - makes you a little dizzy after awhile, but at least it was a break from the treadmill. I also found out that our local running store hosts "run or walk with friends" one night per week on outdoor trails. Might be worth a shot to contact a running store and see if they have any groups you could hook up with for a couple of your runs.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

I'm with ya, Trish. What's a girl to do?!
                    One advantage to being a man. You could always get a dog, I suppose...

Run to Win

New Runner

I sometimes run on the school track. But most of the time I run on the indoor track at the Y. 18 times around equal a mile. I'm surprised I haven't lost my mind yet. If I do venture out, I go to the park. But that's rare. I do need to invest in pepper spray though. Where would I buy something like that?
                        One advantage to being a man.
                        Not enough of an advantage to make me want to become one. Tongue

Not enough of an advantage to make me want to become one. Tongue
                          To which I can only reply: Outdoor plumbing!

Run to Win

here you go - outdoor plumbing - I have a feeling those comments could land you in the doghouse yet again...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big deal...we dames have boobs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

To which I reply: Forethought and planning forgoes the need for outdoor plumbing, even on long runs. Still not enough of an advantage. Wink