Which rowing machine brand is better? (Read 142 times)

Emily Sanders

Hi! I'm currently planning to buy a rowing machine. Could you help me to choose a better one? Sunny Health & Fitness vs Stamina vs Concept2. Which of these would you recommend? Looking forward to reading your opinions. Thanks!

Concept 2 is very durable, I have one for over 15 years and it still works well.

I’m another concept2 fan!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

PDoe

No comparisons to C2. They're expensive but when every penny-pinching school or club program has only C2's, it tells you everything.

Village people

I would watch Craig’s list and try to find a C2.

Bumping this thread to see if there are any more current/updated recommendations?

My primary interest in rowing is more for the cross-training aspect rather than as a substitute for or part of my running programming.

Thanks!

Slowest runner at Your Next Run!

AXes

Two years ago I was looking for options to freshen up my cross training. Test drove several and ended up with a Concept2. Very happy with it.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

Village people

Concept2. Mine is 14 years old, has several million meters on it and is still going strong. I’d look for a second hand one.

PDoe

Still no different. If you plan to use it regularly(2 or more times/week) and you are pretty sure you are going to stick to it then buy the C2 and it'll be the last purchase you need to make. If you're unsure if you're going to stick to it, two suggestions- 1 find a gym that has one and try it a few times. An indoor rowing machine is as fun as an indoor treadmill. Make sure you can do it. 2- buy a less expensive machine and check for the same as previous. If you don't like it after all, you're not out $$$.

Still using same Concept 2

:-)

Jill_B

I fly.

The concept 2 is the gold standard (IMO).  But my husband bought himself a Peloton rower and I have to say it's pretty awesome.

Bring it on.

undue monkey

Anyone know what's up with all the cheap, used Concept2s on sites like Etsy? I'm sure it's a scam, but there are a lot of low hour ones available in the $250-$400 range.

undue monkey

lol, definitely scam. Different sellers using the same sets of photos.

Village people

lol, definitely scam. Different sellers using the same sets of photos.

That might be a scam but there are often used Concept2’s around. Mine is 15 years old and still going strong so used is a good way to go.