Post here if you are in Illinois (Read 1137 times)

DanB

Elburn, it's kinda near Naperville Cool

2013 Goals.......

jeana

Greetings from Springfield, IL!!  I'm new to town, and I'm presently training for a spring half marathon. Please write to me if you would like to run together!

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Tuscola, Illinois.  

Ostrich runner

Illinois sucks.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

The year of base

In Chicagoland, Romeoville to be exact.

Goals: Run 1400 miles

Marathon: sub 3:45

Half marathon: sub 1:40

10K: sub 42:00

5k: sub 20:00

MTA

Reporting from Bolingbrook/ Naperville area!

Doc, my tooth hurts

Originally from New Windsor Illinois. Near Quad Cities...............................*crickets*.................anyone?

Originally from New Windsor Illinois. Near Quad Cities...............................*crickets*.................anyone?

I've been down to Shelbyville Lake a few times. Fantastic body of water that is.

Illinois sucks.

Why do you think that?

running is somewhat like playing golf to me.   crappy shots all day long, ready to give it up & wondering why I'm trying so hard just to get this stupid little ball into a stupid little hole but then out of the blue comes a monster drive or a long putt that actually gets into the cup.  bingo! that one shot keeps me going for the rest of day no matter how crappy I continue to play & gets me back out again on another day.   strange. -- skyedog

Illinois sucks.

You got it all wrong. Iowa blows, Indiana sucks. Illinois is just windy as hell.

While contemplating starting a "Post here if you live on my street" thread I decided to research this "most annoying threads ever" phenomenon and found this gem from BadDawg in the "Post here if you are in Massachusetts" thread.

Perhaps I'll go and bump some old thread about training instead.

Where does it belong then if not in "Off the beaten path?" I will take this thread any day over "Why the republican candidates are so extreme" thread. No offense to that thread or the original poster but somehow I am finding it more interesting to know who is from around the neighborhood... And who might be watching me struggling to finish that third round around lake arlington.

running is somewhat like playing golf to me.   crappy shots all day long, ready to give it up & wondering why I'm trying so hard just to get this stupid little ball into a stupid little hole but then out of the blue comes a monster drive or a long putt that actually gets into the cup.  bingo! that one shot keeps me going for the rest of day no matter how crappy I continue to play & gets me back out again on another day.   strange. -- skyedog

Kalsarikännit

Where does it belong then if not in "Off the beaten path?"

It belongs in one of the dozens of groups that represent different regions and metropolitan areas.  Go to "Find A Group", type in your area, and you may come up with something like the Chicago Area Runners or Illinois Runners group .   That way we don't go back to the entire main forum looking like:

"Post Here if you are in Nashville"

"Post Here if you are in Los Angeles"

"Post Here if you are in Alaska"

"Post Here if you are in Some Place Where Olive Garden is Considered Fine Dining"

"Post Here if you are in Illinois"

"Post Here if you are in Boston"

"Post Here if you are in Georgia"

"Post Here if you are in Texas"

"Post Here if you are in Colorado"

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

It belongs in one of the dozens of groups that represent different regions and metropolitan areas.  Go to "Find A Group", type in your area...

I tried that for Illinois. Indeed there is a group with 3 members, 0 miles and one forum post with no replies. Maybe nobody noticed it because it was never posted here to get the visibility this thread did. I see your point about the potential annoyance but maybe posting here is like showing up on the first page of google search results. You wont be seen if you are not on the first page.

Kalsarikännit

I tried that for Illinois. Indeed there is a group with 3 members, 0 miles and one forum post with no replies. Maybe nobody noticed it because it was never posted here to get the visibility this thread did. I see your point about the potential annoyance but maybe posting here is like showing up on the first page of google search results. You wont be seen if you are not on the first page.

Those groups don't receive any action, and like you said, there are very few members.  But, this thread (and all the others) kept growing with people throwing out their random towns.  That doesn't increase exposure to a groups that nobody bothered to look up or join.  The best way to get those groups going would probably be by paying attention to the the things that people post that give away where they are from, and PM'ing them, letting them know about the group, and expressing an interest in sharing local race reports/running club info/bitching about recent weather trends/various other b.s., and inviting them to join.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

bump

hehehehe