My first week! (Read 986 times)

I just finished my 3rd running day of the first week of the C25K! It actually got a lot easier and this was the first day I didn't get shin splints! Big grin
      Congratulations on your first week. I hope it is the first of many!

Old, Slow, Happy

Great job on your first week!!!!! Keep it up. Smile

My legs are killing me

Nice job! Keep stretching and you won't have to worry about those aches and pains.
          theyapper

On the road again...

Good job! I remember the beginning of C25K - every run was a step in a new, better, healthier direction. Enjoy! New runner tip: toe taps really help with decreased shin and calf soreness. Just tap your toes up and down while you're sitting doing whatever. Sets of 50 'till you want to quit.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Maniac

Good Job!! Welcome to one of the few addictions that are good for you!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Good job! I remember the beginning of C25K - every run was a step in a new, better, healthier direction. Enjoy! New runner tip: toe taps really help with decreased shin and calf soreness. Just tap your toes up and down while you're sitting doing whatever. Sets of 50 'till you want to quit.
                +1 They really do help a lot.
                  GOOD GOOD GOOD -- you have a really nice start. Be cautions and remember that the biggest mistake a beginner can make is to get too confident and decide to do too much or skip a few weeks... Stick to your C25K -- and you will be joining us in races very soon.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Gotta TRI

Way to go! It just gets better from here. Welcom to the clubBig grin
                    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                      all right --- keep it going -- it will eventually be routineCool

2012= under-goaled

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay! 8 more weeks and you'll be a grad.! Any Spring 5k races looking appealing to you, yet?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks everyone, I've been looking around at races but I haven't found anything that I'm interested in yet but hopefully something will pop up soon.

Queen of 3rd Place

Something near you: http://www.info-komen.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HQ_GR_SiteDown These folks put on a great event, very low-key and supportive atmosphere! Arla

Ex runner

Flat footer

congrats! Keep up the great work.
                                Thanks everyone, I've been looking around at races but I haven't found anything that I'm interested in yet but hopefully something will pop up soon.
                                Something will pop up, but dont sweat it too much.......focus on running and getting in you distance......when a race comes, youll have more fun if you're in better shape............

Champions are made when no one is watching