Spinoff: what's your aural inspiration? (Read 817 times)

My legs are killing me

I like to listen to rock music before/during a race. Usually Van Halen, AC/DC, INXS. During my 10k race this past weekend I programmed the "Rocky Theme" into the ipod to play at the 5 mile mark and that helped me through the finish (PR). "Yo Adrean"
    Kimmie

Black Eyed Peas- Let's Get it started
        I like to listen to rock music before/during a race. Usually Van Halen, AC/DC, INXS. During my 10k race this past weekend I programmed the "Rocky Theme" into the ipod to play at the 5 mile mark and that helped me through the finish (PR). "Yo Adrean"
        I was spectating at the Philly Marathon last year, and they played the first few bars of the rocky theme every little while before the race started. It was amazing and awesome. The crowd was so pumped. And then obviously they played the whole thing at the gun. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0I5-Xs2fM0g

sean

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Loud Zeppelin has always been my staple, but I've recently added the "soundtrack" to NFL Films, as indicated here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

The sound of Globule's mom gets me pretty excited.
              What gets you pumped before a race...heavy metal music, techno, hip-hop/rap, NPR...? I like techno/electronica/dance. My iTunes downloads over the past 2 years are hilarious. Not so much of the sort of stuff I would listen to for general enjoyment, but a lot of stuff with a heavy beat...the old "has a good beat and you can dance to it" sort of thing. Extra long remixes are great, too...nothing like a 7+ minute club remix for my 99ยข.
              We have the same taste..."a lot of stuff with a heavy beat". Although they've gotten used to it, the younger people that I work couldn't beleive their ears when they'd walk by my office. "Is that old man listening to that stuff??" House, club, trance, electronica/dance are my favorites. Some of the R&B is pretty good too, but I don't care for most of the rap. I like this one though: ""Lose Yourself" the main theme track from the Movie "8 Mile" by Eminem" I'll probably get demoted for this, however: I don't take my music with me when I run--training or otherwise, and I don't drink alcohol (anymore).
              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Along for the Ride

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory; Puddle of Mud; AC/DC - LIVE; Papa Roach - Last Resort; Nickelback - the non overplayed on the radio stuff; Buckcherry - Crazy B; Stained - Been Awhile; Finger 11 - Paralyzer; FAST, LOUD, and HARD...as long as the beat is a factor of 180.
                Yeah, yeah! Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Ayreon, Nightwish, Queensryche, Joe Satriani. Somebody on here said Satriani's music can unearth dead bodies and make them run sub-4-minute miles. Big grin

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

FAST, LOUD, and HARD...as long as the beat is a factor of 180.
                  Yeah, that's what Scout's mom says to me all the time. I suppose suppose Scout's hatred of cadence discussion stems from growing up around her obsession with 180. Dr. Globule says YOU NEED TO GET REAL, SCOUT! ALL YOU DO IS RAIL ON CADENCE ALL THE TIME, AND NOW YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER ANGRY COMPUTER PROGRAMMER WHO HATES HIS MOMMA! HOW'S THAT WORKIN' FOR YA?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dr. Globule sounds very angry. I think he listens to a lot of Industrial - probably some KMFDM.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Dr. Globule sounds very angry. I think he listens to a lot of Industrial - probably some KMFDM.
                      Dr. Globule is a lot like Dr. Phil, only shorter, not bald, and sans the wicked 'stache. As such, his tastes run more towards southern rock, classic country, and Stormtroopers of Death.

Am I the only one who thinks The Carpenters and Anne Murray rock? How about Air Supply? Anyone?