Are five finger shoes really good for running? (Read 174 times)

Surly Bill - Probably best if you just stick to talking about Skechers running shoes.

I'm glad you asked!

The outlet near me opened up after a few months, and all the "clearance" shoes were $25. I bought a pair of the GR7 with the upper everyone hates, and they're not too bad. As long as you're not cornering like a racecar the uppers are fine, and the midsole is about perfect amount of protection and light weight. I boarded up the windows of a local running store where I know the owner, because it was on the looting route, and they gave me a pair of Clifton6. I haven't run much in them because I twisted my knee, but my comparison after two runs in each puts the GR7 in the lead. The Cliftons despite being "more forgiving" in model 6 are still tight across the ball of the foot, but relaxed everywhere else. Wish I could slide the tighter section back to the arch where it's needed.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rlopez

Cool.  So you can teach me to run a new half marathon world record then?

Walking.

Barefoot. 

Like an ostrich.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Cool.  So you can teach me to run a new half marathon world record then?

Yes. I'll gladly send you a private message.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I'm glad you asked!

The outlet near me opened up after a few months, and all the "clearance" shoes were $25. I bought a pair of the GR7 with the upper everyone hates, and they're not too bad. As long as you're not cornering like a racecar the uppers are fine, and the midsole is about perfect amount of protection and light weight. I boarded up the windows of a local running store where I know the owner, because it was on the looting route, and they gave me a pair of Clifton6. I haven't run much in them because I twisted my knee, but my comparison after two runs in each puts the GR7 in the lead. The Cliftons despite being "more forgiving" in model 6 are still tight across the ball of the foot, but relaxed everywhere else. Wish I could slide the tighter section back to the arch where it's needed.

I’m not familiar with GR7, but my Skechers Max Cushioning Elite shoes arrived today and they feel incredibly comfortable to walk on and I’m hoping they’ll be good for easy/time on feet long runs. The Max Premier/Elite gorun shoes have been compared to the Hoka Clifton/Bondi....but are less than half the price and I got mine for £50 on Amazon. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I’m not familiar with GR7, but my Skechers Max Cushioning Elite shoes arrived today and they feel incredibly comfortable to walk on and I’m hoping they’ll be good for easy/time on feet long runs. The Max Premier/Elite gorun shoes have been compared to the Hoka Clifton/Bondi....but are less than half the price and I got mine for £50 on Amazon. 

I think those are their "athleisure" shoes. The MaxRoad is their maximal cushioned running shoe.  That hyperburst is really a magic material.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I think those are their "athleisure" shoes. The MaxRoad is their maximal cushioned running shoe.  That hyperburst is really a magic material.

A bit like the gorun 400?  That’s cool as I must love their “athleisure” shoes and just go by vibe in what shoes I train in. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

A bit like the gorun 400?  That’s cool as I must love their “athleisure” shoes and just go by vibe in what shoes I train in. 👍

I'm sure they're fine. I'm fond of saying that all shoes are over-rated, and that even the cheap $20 knock-offs are better than the best running shoes you could buy 20 years ago. Better materials and construction methods, and it's easier for them to copy popular expensive shoe designs and shapes.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I'm sure they're fine. I'm fond of saying that all shoes are over-rated, and that even the cheap $20 knock-offs are better than the best running shoes you could buy 20 years ago. Better materials and construction methods, and it's easier for them to copy popular expensive shoe designs and shapes.

Well I certainly know that the gorun 400 shoes are better than fine as I’ve used them on the treadmill for the last few years and prefer them to  some “proper” running shoes. I guess you only run in shoes that aren’t considered athleisure. 🙂