New Running App (Read 756 times)

Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure if you saw the previous posts where our data is being imported into the new runamerica.co site.  So a lot of races aren't there yet.  We have those races on our current https://run-america.com site ...is that the lewis creek covered bridges half marathon?  We have that on the app and the website.  I am more interested in the skins, user friendlness, logistics and ease of use of the runamerica.co site.  Here in a week or two when it's finalized it will have everything (obviously impossible to have every race in the USA, but we are trying)  You can also upload a race you don't see on the run-america.com site and that also pushes it to the app...Did you try the app?

Thanks again, I want to reiterate that when I post here on running ahead i am telling you all this stuff before anyone else.  I made that clear in my original posts that I wanted you all to help with feedback etc.. Yes I appreciate it and I am aware of the lack of things working on the runamerica.co site. i am hoping to make this work around what the users want so that you will in fact come back to use this app and website for your resource.

Plus now we are offering free bibs to the directors that are using runsignup, active and race entry.  We want to expand on that eventually as Road ID is now charging for all of theirs so we are offering them free.... I am really trying to design this as a one stop shop and I hope everyone that reads these posts realize how much their feedback is helping!!

Thank you

I tried it out, here's some frank & specific feedback -- I would not seek out this site as a source.

(1) the search is hard to get right the first time, the UI / UX doesn't make sense at a glance, specifically in identifying the filters which are scrolled off the lower part of the screen, also the location box is reluctant to offer a state as the target geographic filter.

(2) race name / title seldom matters in a search -- the search hierarchy I need is: distance -> location -> date -> name;

(3) even the most popular races -- the key events -- in my area don't seem to come up; (for example, the "Covered Bridges Half Marathon" is arguably the most 2nd most popular race in VT...not listed, Mid-Winter 10-Mile Classic in Maine...not listed, etc)

(4)  I don't trust a .CO domain unless I know the vendor is legit.

Hope you have had a chance to download the app and check it out.  We are redeveloping and constantly working on it but wanted to come back and let you know our app is in the app store and free!

i really like the idea----i travel enough and would like to look up races in areas I'm not familiar with, though generally have a hard time navigating each state's options, and i'm not just into longer, marathon-distance races.  Don't know if this has been considered, but international races are VERY HARD find/navigate and should yer app go the distance, say over to Europe, I would certainly be using it.

Was coming back through my posts, i re read yours and was hoping that you have downloaded the app and have had a chance to check it out...

Happy Running

This sounds cool. I'd download and use it. I use what seems like a dozen different websites to find races, especially if I'm travelling but also just for local stuff. Something all in one would be good.
         Can one register for a race through it? That would be handy. You might even be able to get a cut of the $$ that way. I assume you'll need to monetize it somehow.
         Can you somehow link it with Athlinks? I use that one to track the races I've done, you might find races for your app that way.
         It would also be cool if your app showed local races and then you could tap something to see past results. Particularly if you were trying to cherry pick a race for a win or an AG place. Might be cool if it showed X race in your area and you could click on results and maybe filter that way.
         But really, I'd primarily want it for an easy, all-in-one location to find races.
         It would be cool if it had a user calendar too, so you could save the races you might want to do, and flag which ones you've already registered. In that case, it would be nice if it could integrate with my google calendar.
         Good luck. Let us know when it's live!
        jhootman

No new ideas here, just saying YES I love this. I was looking for good local races to do and I couldn't find one place to see them all so I spent a few hours last year compiling an Excel spreadsheet, about 90 races in total. Which is great, but it takes a lot of time and then if I want current info I'll have to go through again and update it. But something like this would solve that problem. Plus, sometimes some races seem too good to be true (eg, prize money that's easily attainable for someone like me) so if people could post reviews it would make me more confident knowing what I was getting into. Also I've had some fantastic interactions with race directors and that should be noticed and appreciated.

Thank you. The new version of the app is ready for android ....I will be pushing this out in the next week or two so keep your eyes out for that.....

No new ideas here, just saying YES I love this. I was looking for good local races to do and I couldn't find one place to see them all so I spent a few hours last year compiling an Excel spreadsheet, about 90 races in total. Which is great, but it takes a lot of time and then if I want current info I'll have to go through again and update it. But something like this would solve that problem. Plus, sometimes some races seem too good to be true (eg, prize money that's easily attainable for someone like me) so if people could post reviews it would make me more confident knowing what I was getting into. Also I've had some fantastic interactions with race directors and that should be noticed and appreciated.

New version 2.0 is out update your run America app today.  New website is www.runamerica.co     Thanks for all the comments. Still

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Searched for "Monkey Marathon", didn't find it.

New version 2.0 is out update your run America app today.  New website is www.runamerica.co     Thanks for all the comments. Still

Hoban-Jay

Nice idea...but not very good in actuality...

Much better search sites already out there.  http://runningintheusa.com/ and http://marathonguide.com are two that I use regularly.

SMART Approach

One of largest 10Ks in country this weekend, June 10 (Bellin Run) in Green Bay is not even listed.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Thank you for your feedback

Nice idea...but not very good in actuality...

Much better search sites already out there.  http://runningintheusa.com/ and http://marathonguide.com are two that I use regularly.

Thank for the information..  Right now the races listed are being pulled from Active.com, runsignup, and race entry.  Bellin Run uses race partner which will hopefully have soon.  Thank again for the information

One of largest 10Ks in country this weekend, June 10 (Bellin Run) in Green Bay is not even listed.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Trent what race were you looking for. 

This was my favorite question.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent is looking for the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.  Registration is not open yet and I am not sure which registration site they use.  I believe they have used runningahead in the past as their platform ... appears there is a lottery this year.  I will get that race added manually as i do every year.  Any one can add a race this if you want your races on the app or website and you don't see them is a simple process to add them.    I think this race actually looks very cool!!

Brent

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thank you. All the information is avaluable via an easy search in Google and every other race registration website I ever see and use. Any search for monkey marathon find it, have any search on the racing website for monkey finds it. THe info is also of course all on the race website.

I think you will find that you will be hard-pressed to get race directors for small races across the country to want to do your content management for you (and for every other race aggregation website out there). For example, I've got too much to do just to put my race on outside of my day job, and I see very little value in doing anybody else's job for them. If you want to be a great race website, you need to figure out the content management or nobody will use it.

And yea, I also find it ironic that his thread is on the same website as the race's race registration, and you don't have it in the race app.

and thanks, we think the race is foolish, if a bit cool Smile

Trent is looking for the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.  Registration is not open yet and I am not sure which registration site they use.  I believe they have used runningahead in the past as their platform ... appears there is a lottery this year.  I will get that race added manually as i do every year.  Any one can add a race this if you want your races on the app or website and you don't see them is a simple process to add them.    I think this race actually looks very cool!!

Brent

Joann Y

Link doesn't work.

Just an idea and I have no experience with this at all, but I would think that something like this should be fully functional and ready to go if you want people to buy in. If my first experience is a negative one then I will not be back. I see this all of the time with people opening restaurants in Chicago and it boggles my mind that with all of the competition that you wouldn't be all in 100% from day one. Unless it's a hobby, then I guess it doesn't really much matter.