Palm Springs runs (Read 392 times)

flatland mountaineer

Anyone have any favorite short routes in the city or nearby trails? Will be in town on business and looking for for some nice routes. Staying about 8 blocks from the airport in one of those hotels near there.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

I've only run around town there, but if you go to USATF.org, click on "Find a Route" and type in Palm Springs you can find a lot of runs. The one that goes up tramway road looks like a good one! It's beautiful up at the top. Arla

Ex runner

I used to go there on business, but back then 15 years ago, was a non running time of life for me. I can tell you one thing. It will be HOT> but, it's a dry heat. But, it's like , fry and egg on the road, hot. That place is BEA beautiful. Have fun.

- Anya

carnivirus

r2farm; I was there about a month ago and ran the trails at Indian Canyons (www.theindiancanyons.com). It's a park a little south of Palm Springs with miles of trails. If you have a rental car it shouldn't be too hard to find. I had a nice LR on the trails. Good luck. Steve