Mpls Marathon - not to be confused with the Twin Cities Marathon (Read 84 times)

Wow.  I'm glad this isn't the marathon I was training for.

I hope something works out for the participants, but it doesn't look good if the phone is disconnected....

http://www.kare11.com/news/investigations/team-ortho-marathon-race-permit-rejected/206588680

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, and the linked-linked article gives a sense of how shady Team Ortho is.

HCH

And then there's this article. They had some good courses that filled gaps in the local race calendar, but overall these guys just suck.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

Feeling the growl again

We had a marathon pull this sort of stunt 7-8 years ago in Indy.  I don't think anyone got their money back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

spinach

Yes, and the linked-linked article gives a sense of how shady Team Ortho is.

Yes.  One of the things I consider when I am thinking about registering for a race is that if Team Ortho is at all related to the race, I wouldn't run that race.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I ran one Monster Dash. It was fun, and 98.5% of my entry fee went toward enriching Team Ortho. Yay.

HCH

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow.