Indianapolis Marathon (Read 771 times)

C-R

Tim - I'm hoping to run HUFF. Scheduling issues. You know it's a new course this year?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim - I'm hoping to run HUFF. Scheduling issues. You know it's a new course this year?

Yes, I read that....I will leave earlier for the race this time - I started about 20 minutes late last year.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Ostrich runner

How did this go?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Marathon Maniac #3309

How did this go?

It just went ok for me. I came down with a cold a week before the Indy marathon Saturday, and I knew I wasn't really over it....but pretended I was- LOL. After mile one I felt super tired and my legs had nothing - very heavy and sluggish. Boy....now THAT made for a long day !

4:03 - which I guess I have to be happy with. I was at 1:48 at the 1/2 which I planned on, but that's when I got sick and was in a porta potty for around 12 to 13 minutes. Frustrating letting time just slip away, but I had no choice. I didn't know this beforehand, but this was a hilly marathon - more so than I heard of. Oh.....and the winds were relentless too at times.

Other than that.....a great marathon. Now to recover, and have a better result in 3 weeks, at the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon :-)

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!