Summer runs (Read 151 times)

Luciplay

What do you look forward to in running this summer? What season do you like best, summer or spring? I like running during summer more.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Running in the summer is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE in the south. I detest it. I dread it. It's perfect right now.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

kcam

I love the summer here.  Think of the old Seals and Crofts song ... Sweet days of summer, the Jasmine's in bloom, July is dressed up and playing her tune  ... Summer breeze, Makes me feel fine !🙂

What do you look forward to in running this summer? What season do you like best, summer or spring? I like running during summer more.

In Wisconsin July means 5:30 am runs to avoid the heat. August means those are in the dark and the early dawn.

I mean, it's OK but not nearly as convenient as April, May, September and October.

And heat to me is anything above 70 degrees. (for running anyway)

Luciplay

It sucks to  be in your area, I mean it is really hot here as well but, I guess I'm just used to it now.

Luciplay

Well, summer for others is really hot. I found this article online that may be useful to a lot of us especially with the raging summer. Check this one out. https://www.podiumrunner.com/training/run-hot-summer/

gsaun039

Caffeine-fueled Runner

Come for the heat, stay for the humidity.

Makes running those fall marathons really easy.

PR's--- 5K  24:11,   10K  49:40,   10-Mile  1:26:02,  HM  1:56:03,   Marathon  4:16:17

Maniac #11112, Fanatic #14276, Double Agent #2335

spring fall sure.

not looking forward to waking up super early to beat the heat... especially for a weekend long run....

side note..., I wonder how much the heat of summer cuts into runners plans/goals mileage etc...?

300m- 37 sec.

an amazing likeness

"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?"

—John Steinbeck

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

In summer it is more comfortable to run on warm evenings
                        johhnylew

I love running during the summertime because the weather is perfect, not too hot and not too cold. The pavement is also warm, which makes it more comfortable to run on. I also like how there are more people out and about during summer, so I can wave and say hello to everyone as I'm running by. Springtime is also a great time for running, but I find that the pollen count is usually high, which can trigger my allergies. Summer is definitely my favorite season for running!

tom4422

digital marketing philadelphia Optimizing your website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) is essential. This involves keyword research, on-page optimization, backlink building, and improving site speed and mobile-friendliness.