Rye Derby (Read 385 times)

I was thinking about running in the Long Island (half) Marathon but I looked at the forecast on Saturday, saw thundershowers and thought again. As I am studying for my law school finals, I decided to stay close to home and run in the Rye Derby today. I had a little trouble with those hills, let us just say I have gotten used to the flat terrain of Central Islip. I finished in 45:59. It makes me kind of wonder, is it more mortifying to run in a group of 6,000 runners in Central park and come in in the middle of the pack or race against a couple of hundred and get ground into the highways and byways of Westchester County. You should see the tee shirt though, a real beaut! Alternating green red and blue (and maybe yellow. I am mildly color blind) lettering, and a list of sponcers that covers the entire back of the shirt. And there were no thunderstorms, at least not yet, so a good time was had by all. I brought home Yankee pennants for my wife and her friends. I recorded a 45:59 time for the race on my watch, the official time was a few seconds more.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Congrats, although you might want to say how long the race was. I assume a 5 mile or 10K. I have an aunt that lives in Rye Brook, so I can't say that I now that area well, but I've been there a couple times. Pretty nice place, IMO, if you can deal with traffic Wink
        Congrats, although you might want to say how long the race was. I assume a 5 mile or 10K. I have an aunt that lives in Rye Brook, so I can't say that I now that area well, but I've been there a couple times. Pretty nice place, IMO, if you can deal with traffic Wink
        Oh yes, right, it was 5 miles.
        I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          good race prince! that rye 5 miler is a tough course! i'm doing the reverse commute this weekend - westchester to long island for the greenbelt trail run.
          http://rundangerously.blogspot.com