Asics Gel Blur 33 (Read 2240 times)

http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod675477

Anyone tried these shoes yet? DH got me a pair for Mother's Day but I need to get a larger size. I'm concerned because they aren't carried by any of the local running shoe stores or Road Runner. Looks like they're a Finish Line and Foot Locker shoe. And I doubt Finish Line would let me return them after 15-25 miles if I don't like them.

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/xlt1h8n590.jpg

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

My Asics guy brought them by the store a couple of days ago.  It's not something you'll see many running specialty carry.  First off, because they opened this product with Big Box FIRST.  This is highly unusual.  And I'm sure it has ticked off some of the running specialty stores.  I tried them on and wasn't totally turned off by the shoe.  I think it's a decent "minimal" shoe that really isn't very minimal.  It's got a 10mm drop from the heel to toe, and feels a bit like a bulky Kinvara.  Which is to say, that it doesn't feel that bad.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big Asics fan...but if someone gave me this shoe, I'd give it a try.  Felt better than a lot of their more expensive shoes IMO.  But I don't really think the is an Asics shoe out there that I'd really be eager to run in.  

Soooo....if I was grading this shoe on a scale of 1-10....i'd give it about a 7.  Just based on initial feel only, of course.  

Thunder smash!

Thanks for the input! I love my Kinarvas but the fabric on these feels more rigid with a more narrow toe box. I'm hoping going up a half size over my usual size will help. I've never owned Asics before but I'm going to give them a try. I'm a bit obsessed with neon running gear and these fit the bill.

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

In case anyone is interested in these shoes - I wouldn't recommend. I ended up returning them because the the fabric on them is so tight, thick and rigid I felt like I had boa constrictors on my narrow feet. I was afraid my feet would go numb if I actually ran in them and the guy at the store told me I could only return them if they showed zero signs of use.

A Dance with Monkeys

The poor boy changes clothes
            And puts on after-shave
            To compensate for his ordinary shoes