Running in Sao Paulo Brazil (Read 818 times)

I am going to Sao Paulo Brazil for 8 days.  Can anyone suggest a safe place to run?

Sao Paulo is a safe place to run. Just ask your hotel front desk where the runners go for a run. Take a risk, just run on the main roads and you will be fine.

Now, Sao Paulo in Feb. will be very, very hot. Take care of your hydration!

and don't forget sun screen!

Enjoy!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey, Maraposai!

DataJunkie

Parque ibirapuera - it's the Central Park of SP. I personally think it's just as good, if not better than CP, and I live in Manhattan. It has outdoor gym machines, great trails as well as paved paths, and lots of futebol (soccer) nets. 

Note: I'm not brasileiro; I spent about 4 weeks in SP this past year; I avoided walking around the streets unless I knew it was a nicer area; that being said, I didn't have any problems the times I did walk around, but all my brazilian colleagues advised taking cabs most places.

Have fun! Enjoy the food, the culture. SP isn't the best city for tourism, but it has some merits.