Any RA'ers Running Oklahoma City this weekend? (Read 50 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Title says it all.

Driving up tomorrow, spending some time with family.  Looks like good weather, maybe a tad warm, depending on how long you're out on the course.

Forecast also says the wind won't be too bad, but I don't buy it.  Because Oklahoma.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I am running Sunday.  I think this will be my fourth OKCMM, and if the forecast holds, it should be the best weather of any of them.  Starting to get pretty antsy.  Have you ran OKCMM before?

npaden

Good luck mab411, looking forward to your race report.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Title says it all.

Driving up tomorrow, spending some time with family.  Looks like good weather, maybe a tad warm, depending on how long you're out on the course.

Forecast also says the wind won't be too bad, but I don't buy it.  Because Oklahoma.

Weather was great today! I'm so bummed that I couldn't run Sad damn ankle, but some girl from my highschool back in Kansas ran a 2:08!

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

You'll ruin your knees!

Friend of mine was there, cross posting from another group...friend of mine, a firefighter, was walking the 5K at the OKC Memorial Marathon today in full bunker gear and stopped to help a downed runner... The dude that went down and had no pulse... CPR for a few and my friend brought the downed runner back! [firefighters are] Cool...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Sorry I haven't replied...when I left on Friday, there were no responses, and I didn't have real internet access until I got back.

Annapurna42...yep, ran it last year and loved it, in spite of the crummy weather!  Very meaningful race.

cbennett92...hate to hear about your ankle!  And it was great weather, for once!  For performance purposes, about 5-10 degrees cooler would have been nice, but for just being outdoors, enjoying a race?  Greatness.  Wind wasn't even that bad!

jlynnbob...buy your friend a drink and bill me for it!  Those firefighters...of which it seemed like there were a lot more this year...were my favorite people on the course, them and the "Pound for Person" crew.

npaden...oh boy, do I have a lot to blather on about regarding how it went for me!  Not sure if I'll have time later to give a full race report, and that might be for the best, since a lot of it would be self-centered, but here are a few quick hits:

The bad:

1. Failed yet again to make the 5:30 sunrise memorial service.

2. Failed to hit my goal by 1 min., 51 secs. Angry

The good:

1. PR by 12 mins., 9 secs - not goal time, but still a big step toward Boston

2. Don't feel like I left anything on the course (which could also be considered "bad," considering #2 above)

3. Avoided the medical tent for the first time all year!

4. I think I've finally got something of a handle on a good fueling/hydration strategy for me, which I credit for #3.  Have a few questions about it, which I'll post later.

5. Sunrise service fail at least got us there in plenty of time for the start.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Outside Lane

Long read but wow

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/opinion/sutter-oklahoma-city-run/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

See how they run...