Sore Butt (Read 92 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I recently changed my desk/home office situation (been working remotely for months now!).

I've started to feel a tightness in my left hip which has evolved into a deep soreness in that left butt cheek. 

It's not 'pain" but a tightness / soreness so I don't think anything is damaged --it feels more like a locked up muscle. And I don't think it's running related (despite a few really long runs recently) but more sitting related.

Anyone know some good stretches or ideas to fix this?  I've swapped out my chair and raised up my laptop for better posture so hoping that will address the issue.

I'm thinking Piriformis syndrome maybe?  Doesn't really seem to be an IT band issue.   Tight glute maybe?

Any suggestions for stretches or methods of attack?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sit on a tennis ball on the floor and roll it until you find the spot where it hurts and stay there for a few minutes. It may help release the knot.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Half Crazy K 2.0

ultramarathon/triathlete

Thanks all!!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

ultramarathon/triathlete

Figure 4 stretch

That figure 4 stretch nails it!  Thanks!

Now to find a tennis ball too!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

I bought a lacrosse ball to use,

it Is painful while you are doing it but it helps

harvey2787

Sit on a tennis ball on the floor and roll it until you find the spot where it hurts and stay there for a few minutes. It may help release the knot.

Sometimes it get slipped making it difficult to remove the hidden knot. To make it comfortable, you can put the ball into a pair of sock. It will help