Arch pain (Read 43 times)

Tx State

Hi everyone! I am having some trouble with arch pain and my shoes. I have ran in GTS 18s for two years tried switching to GTS 20s but they kill my arches. Traded them in for some Hyperion tempos and same issues. I put on my Nike zoom winflo 5s and can run for days with no foot pain. I supinate slightly a long with having pretty flat arches. I was wondering if y’all could suggest a shoe that might help me. I was thinking Saucony endorphin Speed’s but since they are comparable to the tempos I don’t know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SMART Approach

So if you run in Hyperion today you will have pain and tomorrow run in Zoom Winflo you have ZERO pain? If so I would start with trying newer version of Winflo.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Tx State

I was thinking about one of these

Saucony endorphin speed

Hoka one one rincon

Nike pagans turbo 2

Nike zoom fly 3

what do you think?

Probably the total switch to new shoes. You gotta work them into your rotation, run once in them and then not again for a few days at least, gradually running more often in them. Best way to avoid these aches and pains is to have at least 3 pairs of shoes in rotation, and never run in the same pair two days in a row.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tx State

Iv been trying to ease in to them but no matter Rhode light or short I run I get a crazy amount of pain. Iv never head this issue with a shoe before.

try putting the insoles from the shoes that feel comfortable in them and see what happens.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tx State

I did that on Friday and unfortunately still had pain.

SMART Approach

Why not stick with the Zoom Winflo if it works for you?

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Tx State

I am going to train in them until I find a shoe I’m loo king for I just feel like they aren’t exactly what I am looking for.