Blinded By the Light (Read 384 times)

These suckers are going to guarantee a sub-3 marathon.

Feeling the growl again

Unfortunately not true in my case.

Well, it at least explains your recent progression.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"It has a responsive midsole that springs back with excellent energy return, to help you fly through the course unhindered and undefeated."  So it looks like I might now be on the cusp of a winning streak with these babies...

Feeling the growl again

Ridiculous hyperbole.  Reminds me of those elevator shoe ads that run constantly in all the airline rags promising you confidence, riches, women, and a two-term presidency.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TJoseph

Ridiculous hyperbole.  Reminds me of those elevator shoe ads that run constantly in all the airline rags promising you confidence, riches, women, and a two-term presidency.

Interestingly, you can buy a footed version of those:

keeponrunning

And I thought my new Saucony Kinvara 3's were bad.  When I got home I told my family no one would have an excuse to hit me, and their reply was that 'at least they'll see my shoes going flying down the road and realize they hit me'.  Loving families, eh?  Big grin

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

#artbydmcbride

image: adidas Wings Shoes Q23650

Runners run

Wing

Joggaholic

A lady in one of these passed me in the last half mile of the marathon last year...

Interestingly, you can buy a footed version of those:

JPF

My friend on his last trip to a running store:

"I didn't buy any shoes there because the prices failed to reflect that they resemble a pair of Budgerigars."

I'm a little bitter that grown-ups can't get those shoes with the flashing LEDs that all the kiddos have/had.

+1

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

TJoseph

I recently got a new pair of Asics GT2000:

There was a time when you only saw shoes colored like that at races, worn by people who were there to destroy you and everything you believed in.

Now that I'm part of the waddling, middle-aged running proletariat, I suppose the egalitarian thing to say would be "fun colors for all!", but I will admit to missing the days when only people who had serious game would have the audacity, nay, the worthiness to wear shoes that loud.

Show up in the matching car and they will know you are still serious.

Wow . . . . there are some truly ugly running shoes out there these days.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Another one

A Saucy Wench

Another one

I'ts not polite to steal Jesus's shoes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7