Former Drinkers with a Running Problem (Read 214 times)

obiebyke

Hey y'all. We have a great group for Drinkers with a Running Problem. I used to be a member. These days I thought I'd see if I could roust anyone up for a group I've called Former Drinkers with a Running Problem. If you're interested, message me for the password. Could be fun and supportive.

Just a note: It's password-protected, but of course anyone can ask me for the password without me vetting why, so if anonymity is key for you, keep that in mind.

Happy running!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

delicate flower

I'm was a member of the original group but I'd be down for this one.  I stopped drinking when I started running and I'm not shy about that.  Feel free to shoot me the password. 

<3

arca

http://www.capitalbay.com/latest-news1/394420-drink-and-drugs-improved-my-snooker-says-world-champion-ronnie-o-sullivan-as-he-reveals-battle-with-addiction.html

The article mentions that the snooker legend Ronnie o'sullivan turned to running to help with his drinking and drug addiction. He managed a 34 minute 10k in his first competitive year! I was sceptical, but it checked out in a couple of results I found for him on google.

obiebyke

Holy wow, he's fast! Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

crestman

http://www.capitalbay.com/latest-news1/394420-drink-and-drugs-improved-my-snooker-says-world-champion-ronnie-o-sullivan-as-he-reveals-battle-with-addiction.html

The article mentions that the snooker legend Ronnie o'sullivan turned to running to help with his drinking and drug addiction. He managed a 34 minute 10k in his first competitive year! I was sceptical, but it checked out in a couple of results I found for him on google.

Hello all...Been running for a couple of years the past two months of which have been sober...This past July i ran a 47min 10km hung over so I'm anxious to see my improvements sober....WOW, great story and no kidding fast.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

obiebyke

Sweet, Nader! Addicts tend towards addiction, right? And running is way better than drugs. What an amazing guy. My first thought is how does he run 50 miles in heat with all that hair?!

That does make sense, obiebyke.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Good link, Nader.