2020 New York City Marathon Thread (Read 109 times)

Good luck, Julia!  I read on an earlier thread it's a 1 in 6 chance.  I'm signed up & anxiously checking my email.  Tried a few times before.  Wish they still had the 3 times and you're in rule!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Julia1971

Rejected!  ;(

Well, at least I know and can plan for something else..

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Rejected as well.  :-P

May go the charity route just to get in for the 50th.  Hmmm....

delicate flower

Rejected!  ;(

Sorry you guys are all getting rejected.  I've decided to do Nashville instead so DW can run the HM.

<3

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Rejected!  ;(

Ugh sorry. I would say definitely get a HM qualifier in one of those NYRR races if you really want to run next year to avoid this disaster again.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Sorry you guys are all getting rejected. 

+1. 
              I time-qualified (non-NYRR) for the first time last year, thanks to a new AG. I hadn’t plan to run it this year though, as it wasn’t really in the budget. Which I guess turned out to be a good thing, as I saved myself some disappointment.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I applied on a whim and was also rejected.  Wasn't really planning on it but would like to do it some day

Another rejection.  Thinking about the Tunnel Light Marathon in September.  In theory could BQ for 2022 when I'll be 60.  Our daughter and son-in-law live in Seattle so we go there fairly often.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Another rejection.  Thinking about the Tunnel Light Marathon in September.  In theory could BQ for 2022 when I'll be 60.  Our daughter and son-in-law live in Seattle so we go there fairly often.

A lot of people get PRs there! Although some people do better downhill than others, plus it’s often warm mid-Sept.

Dave

I generally do great downhill, esp. screaming downhill like Revel but I've only done their half at Tucson.

Julia1971

Canceled.

Selfishly, I am hoping there's a way I get in next year and extend my streak since I didn't get in this year.  

FSBD

Canceled.

Selfishly, I am hoping there's a way I get in next year and extend my streak since I didn't get in this year.  

Yup, just like for Boston, disappointed, but not surprised.  I like the options they are giving people though, and allowing them to pick which of the next 3 years they want to enter.  I'm hoping they announce what they are doing about time qualifiers before we have to decide which year we want to do though.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Canceled.

Aren’t you registered for London?  I think there’s a chance it could still happen fingers crossed. 😁

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Julia1971

Aren’t you registered for London?  I think there’s a chance it could still happen fingers crossed. 😁

Yes, my fingers are still crossed for London but my current thinking is that even if the race goes on there might be a quarantine for people traveling from the U.S.  I don't really follow UK running circles but the little that I do (London Marathon FB pages and the Marathon Talk podcast) leads me to think they aren't so keen on having the race and wish the organizers would just cancel already.

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

I'm in the same boat re London.  I'm hoping to run it but would rather not be stuck in quarantine for 14 days in order to do so.  They probably should just cancel it at this point.