Apple Watch synch to RA (Read 121 times)

ud32

Is there an easy way to synch my running data from my Apple Watch to RA? I used to use a Garmin and it was so simple. I plugged Garmin into computer, it uploaded data to Garmin Connect and then it was all automatically available in RA for me to save. I now have to manually enter every run when i use my Apple Watch. Any advice? Thanks.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

RunGap is great!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lawson56

spammer spamming
        ud32

Thought I'd check in again, still manually entering my runs in RunningAhead - anyone found a way to "plug" in apple watch or i-phone and auto download runs to RunningAhead?

I also use RunGap, which exports to Garmin, which then exports to RA. It isn’t perfect but mostly works well. The current 2 issues I have:

-each lap’s average HR is the commutative for the run, which would be problematic if I were doing intervals and cared about HR of a lap in isolation.

-occasionally laps export weirdly, such that it takes the extra distance above a rounded mile and adds them to each lap. This makes paces look very weird for a run (see 6/19/2023 run). I don’t yet understand why this occasionally happens.

It’s possible there are fixes for both issues that I haven’t seen yet.

I’ve used iSmoothRun as well, but that means using a different app to record runs from the built in workout app on the watch. Once I switched from series 8 to ultra, I started using the built in app more than iSmoothRun, which necessitates RunGap to export.

ud32

Interesting, I just use the built in "outdoor Run" on the Apple Watch. I'll look into RunGap, Thanks

Lawson56

Spammer