P90x (Read 6266 times)

Interesting post I read on Monsanto I thought you guys/gals might be interested in.
      I think Monsanto is on Dr. Mercola's "Evil Company" list for some of their practices.

+1

A varied diet should not lack any of the vital nutrients to good health. Athlete and non-athlete. Might as well just flush your cash down the toilet as to take these products

I wonder how many people are able to eat a good and varied diet all the time, and get all the nutrition they need all the time. Forget for a moment all the reports about food not being as nutrient dense as it used to be due to over-farming and depleted soils.  I try real hard to eat right, but there  are times when it just isn't possible. Like when I go visit my family who is notorious for little if any fresh food, lots of over-cooked canned vegetables, etc that I'm sure has little or no nutritional value to it. Or, consider those times when work/duty calls and your body is over-stressed and lack of sleep for a period of time. 

I take vitamins but I try not to use the vitamins as a my main source of nutrition.   Knock on wood but I haven't had a cold for over a year which coincides with a supplement program that I began suggested by a running friend. Before that, I was getting 3 or 4 colds per year, and they'd linger for what seemed like forever 

More power to you if you don't need supplements. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Monsanto is on Dr. Mercola's "Evil Company" list for some of their practices.

Mercola scares me.  Anyone with as many registered domains as that guy has can't be legit.  I believe Quackwatch.org has compiled quite a file on the good doctor.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

I don't know Mercola, but Monsanto is also on my "Evil Company" list.
              Interesting post I read on Monsanto I thought you guys/gals might be interested in.

So where does Shakeology (i.e. Product Partners LLC) source the ingredients for its patent-pending fruit blend?

Amy

Scout7

I wonder how many people are able to eat a good and varied diet all the time, and get all the nutrition they need all the time. Forget for a moment all the reports about food not being as nutrient dense as it used to be due to over-farming and depleted soils.  I try real hard to eat right, but there  are times when it just isn't possible. Like when I go visit my family who is notorious for little if any fresh food, lots of over-cooked canned vegetables, etc that I'm sure has little or no nutritional value to it. Or, consider those times when work/duty calls and your body is over-stressed and lack of sleep for a period of time. 

I take vitamins but I try not to use the vitamins as a my main source of nutrition.   Knock on wood but I haven't had a cold for over a year which coincides with a supplement program that I began suggested by a running friend. Before that, I was getting 3 or 4 colds per year, and they'd linger for what seemed like forever 

More power to you if you don't need supplements. 

I've gone to Church every Sunday for the past 2 years and haven't gotten sick.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wonder how many people are able to eat a good and varied diet all the time, and get all the nutrition they need all the time.

Then take a multivitamin in addition to eating food.  But don't depend on some nutritionism-inspired shake that tries to be a meal replacement or a supplement that claims unproven health benefits.

Hey, nice marmot!

I don't know Mercola, but Monsanto is also on my "Evil Company" list.

Aren't good/evil human attributes?  Can a company be evil?

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Aren't good/evil human attributes?  Can a company be evil?

No. Yes.
                      Scout7

I disagree with Trent.

Good and evil are merely words.  Things cannot be good or evil, we only describe them to be so based on our perceptions of them relative to our ideals.  Corporations are neither good nor evil.  They just are.  Perhaps the people that make up the corporation are more or less virtuous than others.  Perhaps some of the decisions made by the people running the corporation are more or less virtuous than others in regards to what we deem to be virtuous.  But none of that makes the corporation itself "good" or "evil".

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good and evil are merely words.

Well, that is how we communicate. Words are symbols that represent entities, actions and thoughts. Nothing is just a word. (Although "nothing" is a word.) There is a long tradition in our language and our thinking of using words that themselves may in their purest sense denote human attributes, to describe nonhuman entities. We even have a word for this: anthropomorphization.

Semiotics are fun.

Imminent Catastrophe

I wouldn't know. I'm the horse.

Then I hope you're eating some of those grasses in Jeff's shake. Because grass is good for horses.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Scout7

Well, that is how we communicate. Words are symbols that represent entities, actions and thoughts. Nothing is just a word. (Although "nothing" is a word.) There is a long tradition in our language and our thinking of using words that themselves may in their purest sense denote human attributes, to describe nonhuman entities. We even have a word for this: anthropomorphization.

Semiotics are fun.

Just because there's a word for it doesn't make a useful way of thinking.  Ascribing human traits to non-human entities may be useful at times, but can also cause us to ignore actual issues.  Blaming large groups of faceless people is a great tactic when trying to incite emotion.

What possible usefulness comes out of describing a corporation as "evil" or "good"?  Would it perhaps be better to look at the decisions made by the corporation, and evaluate them in a larger context of the various forces that affect those decisions?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Blaming large groups of faceless people is a great tactic when trying to incite emotion.

Totally agree.  But sometimes you cannot access the people or their names, but you can access the company and its name.