Race Report - Bob Potts Marathon York PA May 26 2013 (Read 123 times)

harisubbu

I have faitfully logged my runs at Running Ahead for the last 4 years. I am happy to report that I did a PR of 4:27:58 at the Bob Potts Rail Trail Marathon this past Sunday. Later I learnt that that 26.5% of the entrants BQ-ed. Isn't that something?

Thought would share my race report in the form of a blog page.

http://harisubrahmanyan.blogspot.com/2013/05/bob-potts-rail-trail-marathon-york-pa.html

Keep Running

Hari

Turbolegs

I have faitfully logged my runs at Running Ahead for the last 4 years. I am happy to report that I did a PR of 4:27:58 at the Bob Potts Rail Trail Marathon this past Sunday. Later I learnt that that 26.5% of the entrants BQ-ed. Isn't that something?

Thought would share my race report in the form of a blog page.

http://harisubrahmanyan.blogspot.com/2013/05/bob-potts-rail-trail-marathon-york-pa.html

Keep Running

Hari

Well done Hari !! I would really love to run in an event of this sort - 500 runners (i.e. non commercial / mega-event like) is indeed a special race.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

chuckstone

Congratulations Hari!  That's a nice PR.  Good job with stepping up to the challenge when things got tougher late in the race.  More PRs to come!

Enjoyed reading your detailed account of the race.  Best wishes on your next race.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hari, I think I remember seeing you there. I agree that this is a great, low-key race, well organized, and the volunteers were incredibly enthusiastic even when I was finishing the last few miles an hour after you. My race report.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

EdithRevisited

If you ask

Congratulations to Haris and wcrunner!!!   It was a great race and I really enjoyed reading your experiences.  Thanks for sharing!

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
              • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
              • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

Why is it sideways?

Nice work, folks. I was there, too, but don't have a race report yet. What a beautiful day for running.

Hari-  I think I remember seeing you on the course.  I ran 4:35 and won my age group.  I thought it was a great event and I would highly recommend it, but I think we really lucked out with the weather this  year.  It could be really hot at that time of year.  I loved the course and have very little soreness (lots of fatigue, but legs not too sore due to the forgiving surface).

Congrats on your race, Hari!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Congrats on your race! I saw you too! I do think perfect weather and a perfect course made for a perfect race! I had a 9 minute PR thanks to HStreet (and Jellyfish and Mississippi too!)! My 36 hours leading up to the race wasn't optimal pre-race but somehow worked out! Congrats again!

Congrats on the PR Hari. I also ran it. Beautiful course. I am very grateful for the 6am start as I don't do well in the heat.

harisubbu

Thanks a lot folks. I am happy to learn a few others had a great experience as I did

WC Runner , HStreet and knifey - I apologize if I did not recognize you on the course. Hopefully I get a chance to run together in another race, I am only getting started and it is state#4 and marathon#4 so far.

I really like this kind of  a race. It is all about running for the most part.  We were never really alone in the course and there were runners within sight through the course. Mile 20 to 24 were a big struggle and Lindsey from Red Lion PA was my savior. Kept me going until 24 and then I pulled away a little bit for the last 2.  I hope he is reading this.

One really good thing was we did not have to run an extra 1/2 or 7/10 mile that happens in some big city races. National Marathon in DC was like that, hated it

Forgot to mention the volunteers that handed out some pastries/bananas and doughnut around mile 16 or was it 18. I had dropped 1/2 of my cereal bar and was worried I was not getting enough food and she just saved the day there.

Overall a very good experience

Happy running.

Hari

EdithRevisited

If you ask

Hari - I agree with you about the size of the race.  While I loved the aid stations and spectators, I also loved the solitude of where we were running.  It's one of the reasons I found runBucks for their 10 miler instead of the Broad Street Run this year.

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
                          • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
                          • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Great Run, Hari! Congrats on the PR.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.