Zoom! (Read 75 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm not looking for any advice, but thought I would share this for fun. My Vivoactive 3 has a barometric altimeter that supposedly gives me credit for stairs climbed and descended, as well as logging elevation during the course of my runs. I have never put much stock in it; the flights of stairs count has always been pretty inaccurate, and both Garmin and RA provide better numbers from their map data. A few months ago, the watch just stopped counting any elevation changes. I figured the altimeter got clogged up or something.  Then, a month ago, during a run, I started getting one notice after another that my stairs goal had been met! I knew it would be pretty impressive when I looked at the chart.  Sure enough...

Superman!  I can leap tall mountains in a single bound!

About a dozen of my runs since the first of these show similar feats.

mikeymike

The fact that Strava reports elevation gain and what type of watch the user was wearing has taught me that I never want a Garmin with a barometric altimeter (935, Fenix, etc.) as my everyday running watch.

Runners run

undue monkey

One of my club buddies' Vivo makes all of his runs look like 200-400' net downhills. Even loop courses.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The fact that Strava reports elevation gain and what type of watch the user was wearing has taught me that I never want a Garmin with a barometric altimeter (935, Fenix, etc.) as my everyday running watch.

But I'm looking on my elevation gain as a good thing. Top this, Stravaites!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

One of my club buddies' Vivo makes all of his runs look like 200-400' net downhills. Even loop courses.