6m:37s off 1/2 Marathon time (Read 724 times)

an amazing likeness

I managed to take 6 min:37 sec (chip time) off my half marathon PR today. Same course, year over year. Improved finish by 88 positions overall. Struggled all race with a right hamstring pull, and tendonitis in my left ankle --- so ran with an odd gait, but held the pace pretty well. Mile 10 was my fastest, and 11 and 12 were steady, so not fading, but no kick. It was a good day.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Andy! That's a lot faster! You certainly had good weather for it. Way to go!
        I run a Spring and Summer weekly 5K series, and I love the apples to apples comparison that running the same course provides. Six minutes plus is a nice improvement under any circumstances, it's really sweet when you take your hamstring and ankle into account. Great job Andy.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Well done, MilkTruck.

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com