Route export no longer supported? (Read 65 times)

Markie

Hello,

I've been an intermittent user for some time, and just realized I don't see a way to export routes (I've always gone the other direction).

I did several searches and found references to a "GPX" button to export a route, but cannot seem to locate it on any screen I've seen.

Is this functionality for paid users only? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any helpful assistance,

Markie

MacBook Pro, OS 10.10.2, Safari 8.0.3

an amazing likeness

The GPX button is there to export from the Map tab of a workout or course.  Or, am I misunderstanding your question?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Markie

The GPX button is there to export from the Map tab of a workout or course.

I apologize for my blindness, but I don't know what this Map tab you're talking about is.

There is no map when I click the "Training Log" tab at the top, then the "Courses" tab on the left. If I click on one of the courses listed, there are column headings, but no GPX button or Map tab visible. Can you please describe to me how you get the tab you're talking about?

Thanks very much for your help,

Markie

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, if I open any course that has a map for viewing, there are five buttons above the map, and the far-right button is GPX. Not a tab on the course, but I remember seeing it as a tab on a workout. HTH.

an amazing likeness

The Map is a detail of a Workout; it is the GPS track of the route you ran.  To my knowledge, exporting a route requires you have GPS recorded map of your workout.

The steps I would take to export a map as GPX would be:

Training Log --> Workouts --> locate desired workout --> View --> Map --> GPX Export

or take another way via Courses:

Training Log --> Courses --> Click on desired course --> this creates a list of Workouts for that course --> View --> Map --> GPX

Or, if you have a map saved for the course and want to export that map:

Training Log --> Courses --> Click on magnifying glass to right of the desired course --> GPX (upper right)

The 3rd option is only valid if you're previously loaded a map into your course. It is just pulling out the GPX you loaded to the course previously.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Markie

Thank you all for your patience. I finally found what the problem was. I never saw "View" as as choice for a course or a workout. When I clicked the magnifying glass, the choices were edit, copy, and delete. I never hovered over the magnifying glass since I'd already clicked on it.

In looking desperately for some way to view, I left my mouse over it longer than normal and saw "View" popup.

Now I understand and can view my courses and workouts and see the GPX button.

Again, thanks to all for your perseverance.

Markie

fimmx

And search FTW!

milktruck - thank you for your very detailed instructions. I was struggling with this too, and literally going blind searching for the GPX button. Thank you!