New World Record in the half marathon! (Read 704 times)

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Maybe the elites should be making their pilgrimage to that cemetery instead of to Mammoth or Oregon.

'He doesn't do pick-ups or progression runs or marathon-pace work. He doesn't even stop for water. Just 3 hours a day of what he calls "plodding" or "jogging."'

#artbydmcbride

Yeah, that's what he tells interviewers, but we should get someone to spy on him, ......he probably has a secret workout like the 30-20-10.....or p90x

Runners run

I am surprise that you guys have never heard of Ed Whitlock.  This guy is the Usain Bolt of distance running at his age.  Unlike Paul Ryan he really ran a sub 3hr and this when he was in his seventies.  I have had the pleasure of running the Scotia Marathon in Toronto with Ed.  Ed is a major celebrity at this event and he is a real charmer and an inspiration to many.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Meh, I read that Paul Ryan ran a 1:07 half marathon when he was 81.

Seriously though, I hope I can run like that dude when I'm old, even when I'm 60 I'd take that! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am surprise that you guys have never heard of Ed Whitlock.  This guy is the Usain Bolt of distance running at his age.  Unlike Paul Ryan he really ran a sub 3hr and this when he was in his seventies.  I have had the pleasure of running the Scotia Marathon in Toronto with Ed.  Ed is a major celebrity at this event and he is a real charmer and an inspiration to many.

No, I think he's a celebrity here on RA as well.

Best Present Ever

who hasn't heard of Ed Whitlock?  

Ed is great .. mind you that half is soft compared with his marathon record.

who hasn't heard of Ed Whitlock?  

Guess i didn't pick up Ileneforward

Feeling the growl again

Ed is great .. mind you that half is soft compared with his marathon record.

~1:39 vs ~3:15...."soft" is putting it mildly.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills