the science of training and the industry of training (Read 312 times)

T Hound

Slower but happier

I haven't been on RA in a long time.

What have I missed?  Anything?

Posolutely ambsitively nothing.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

roman_the_runner

Run, boy, run

I vowed never to post hear again because it had become a somewhat unhealthy addiction,

but after seeing GC100K’s emotional appeal, i have been sucked

back in.  I have to point out to GC, you never need be without your beloved SJ again courtesy of Bhearn

http://www.hearn.to/jester-o-matic.html

(There is also a madlib version ,sorry cant recall link its up there)

I can summarize the thread so u can catch up:

1.  Jester is being Jester.

2. Some people are trying admirably? (Help me out here with adverb- innocently, incomprehensibly?)

to understand or refute him

3.  Other people try to point out that a guy named “sport jester” may infact

not be entirely in earnest

4. Some are sorrowfully pleading for an end to it all...to put out of their misery..once again for a time

5. Juvenile “Low IQ people” like myself just keep shit posting (prolonging the whole thing).

6.  Many are out there running, having successfully not taken the bait.  Myself Not included.

Sorry ive relapsed again...

(edit:  #5 a bit).

Thanks! Almost went for a popcorn at the first page, but I don't have so much popcorn

Moojor

So new to the forums, have just read / skimmed through the whole 11 pages.

Still don't know what this running technique is.

But hell I'm game.

Jester, send me some info on what I need to do to improve my uphill running, because it totally sucks. I have quite a bit of historic data taken from a local run to myself which pretty much starts with a nice 1/2 mile long up hill.

I'll give your special running form an honest attempt.

Moojor, be aware that Jester running technique is top secret and only available to Navy SEALs. He will not share these secrets with anyone, because then he'd have to kill you.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Sport jester seems to have left.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Secret mission.

rlopez

No secret mission. His standard MO.

He's like a comet. He comes in, makes everyone say ooo aaah or get angry, then he departs. He will return in 6-18 months.

No secret mission. His standard MO.

He's like a comet. He comes in, makes everyone say ooo aaah or get angry, then he departs. He will return in 6-18 months.

The admins don't block him? I'm on some other forums with similar contestants, and they get banned for a while and reappear when that time period is over, taking up exactly where they left off.

As a newcomer and unacquainted with Jester, I was taken in rather quickly with the trolling. I'll know better next time!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yes, I'm thankful that the college website I help moderate allows us to ban nuts like that.  I enjoy my job.  Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

The admins don't block him? I'm on some other forums with similar contestants, and they get banned for a while and reappear when that time period is over, taking up exactly where they left off.

Honestly, he's harmless and not really toxic.  Just a bit bent.  He doesn't contribute to more than a hand-full of threads.  And some of us enjoy the entertainment.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Yeah, I agree. It was fun. I personally don't see a reason he should be blocked, I was just contemplating his reported pattern of appearances and disappearances.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

My only complaint would be that every 6 to 18 months is too broad of a range to show up.  I need to fit him into my annual running calendar.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As a newcomer and unacquainted with Jester, I was taken in rather quickly with the trolling. I'll know better next time!

I'm amused by his posts. I think a lot of good info has been posted in response to his outrageous claims and misinformation. Besides I'm learning a lot about ostriches, cheetahs, and paleolithic man.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I agree he should not be blocked

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

But what happens when Russia or Iran or North Korea learns the masking tape exercise?