Smuttynose on Oct 2nd at Hampton Beach, NH (Read 594 times)

Just wondering if anyone else will be running Smutty Nose (HALF or FULL) on Sunday Oct 2nd....

Would like to catch up to a few RA'er if you are going to be there......

John

Champions are made when no one is watching

Hi John,

I'll be there tomorrow - running my first marathon.  I'm getting pretty anxious.  I'll be in a red tank with black shorts and compression calf sleeves.

Good luck and I hope to see you - and I hope the rain holds off!

-Dan

GOOD Forrest.....

I'l be wearing a flourescent yellow Tank Top (singlet) and black shorts.....and Black and Green LOCO running shoes.....though if I wore LOCO shoes to a LOCO race it would bring me some good luck....

If i dont see you good luck on your Marathon --- it should be a good one tomorrow

an amazing likeness

Looks like you guys need to dress for wet and a chilly east wind.  Booo....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Looks like you guys need to dress for wet and a chilly east wind.  Booo....

YES - the weather report continues to change and get progressively worse.............but 50's light rain and a touch of wind is really good for running -- unless it changes again... Confused     

Oh, I wish it was light rain and wind!

The start was driving rain and wind and it stopped for an hour or so between mile 10-18, when it picked up again with a vengeance.  Awful weather, but, 

I beat my goal time of 3:20 with a 3:17!  I trained all summer for this, I wasn't going to let the weather stop me!

Forrest --- I KNOW what you mean.......

I have been training for quite a few months and battling PF for the past 10 weeks in route to this race..........and 30 minutes before the race I was setting in my pickup considering going home...I wouldn't train in weather like that - why should I race in it.......BUT of course I did stay to run......

Driving rain and wind for the first three miles.......FOR ME at mile 9 the rain stopped and it got kind of light.......I made it to the finish of the race and milled around for a while and it was still not raining.    Went to my truck to put on some dry clothes with the plan of coming back and watching some of the Marathoners finishing and it started pouring again......so I decided to just go on back to the truck and go home.........and was glad that I did......

It was a TOUGH Running day...........all that being said, I did manage to set a PR my a WHOPPING 27 seconds......but any PR is still a good PR......and on a day like yesterday a 27 second PR is one I'll proudly take.....