What's your resting heart rate? (Read 352 times)

delicate flower

Mine was 42 when I was doped up in the operating room just before knee surgery last year.  I had to explain to two nurses why it was so low.  You'd think in an orthopedic surgery center that maybe they'd have a few athletes go through there from time to time.  Don't know what my true RHR is though.

<3

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

You guys may scoff at the normal distribution, but I find it really cool and interesting that we really do mirror the general population... but shifted to the left on the graph, since 45-55 is still low.  Of course, this is a tiny data sample.

I'm also kind of intrigued that so many people get the shocked response from doctors.  I've had so many dang EKGs (especially during/after my surgery a year and a half ago).

Thanks, everyone, for responding to this poll. Smile

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Scooterscott

My vote went into the 45-55 group becasue I have seen it in the low 50's while sitting watching TV but not sure what the real RHR is.

My interest is how does your resting compare to your max.  Since I seem to have the metabolism of a hummingbird (eat lots and still only 140 lbs +/- and my max HR is pretty high) it could be I run higer across the board.  A few years ago, when I still occasionally wore a HR monitor while training, I could hit 208 bpm even though I was over 40 and could average over 180 bpm for 4 hours.

I would have voted, but don't know which radio button to click for 37.