torn hip flexor (Read 1633 times)

my coach thinks that i might have torn my hip flexor, and i am going to go tomorrow to get it checked out by the trainer to find out for sure. i was just wondering what typically goes into the healing process, and if surgery is necessary. if anyone could help i would appreciate it.
      I've never actually had a torn hip flexor myself, but I would ice it, stretch it and/or strengthen the muscles, or maybe even take some time off.

Bugs

my coach thinks that i might have torn my hip flexor, and i am going to go tomorrow to get it checked out by the trainer to find out for sure. i was just wondering what typically goes into the healing process, and if surgery is necessary. if anyone could help i would appreciate it.
        I'd go to the doctor. I've put mine in a spasm before, took lots of stretching every 60 minutes to fix.

Bugs

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I popped both hip flexors in junior high, don't think it generally requires surgery. If it is torn though, you will definitely have to take time off. When I had mine I was on crutches 1-3 weeks and needed the handicap rails on toilets to get off the pot.

Supa Dupa Fly

i had a badly strained hip flexor last July. It was a result of a combination of having weak glutes (that forced my hip flexor to work over time) and increasing my mileage too quickly. One day after a run, I could barely walk. I had to do 3 days a week of physical therapy for about 6 weeks. They stretched me a ton (ouch)...had me do a number of excerices to strenghten the glutes and my core (which i had to repeat at home). They also did a lot of icing, some ultrasound, and dry needling. The dry needling worked wonders.
            ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--