Your Miles Tally for 2006 (Read 1106 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Holy cow! 270 miles of racing in one year is quite impressive. That's about 100 miles more than I've ever raced in a single year.
    Never be impressed by idiocy Wink That includes 8 marathons (one of which was long, all 8 of which were run over an 8 month period), 4 half marathons, one 10 miler, one 5 miler, and a smattering of 5k and 10 races. It may actually be a bit more than 270, but I got tired of counting. Hmmm... ((7 * 26.2) + (27) + (4 * 13.1) + (10) + (5) + (4 * 3.1) + (6.2)) = 296.4 miles Shocked I guess that is 17.6% of my miles raced. I am a dang fool.
      I guess that is 17.6% of my miles raced. I am a dang fool.
      Ha ha. Yup, you are--and I mean that as a sincere compliment. Speaking of fools, as I was logging today's run, I noticed that all my year stats were back to zeros. Ahh, a clean slate. Then I noticed under that there's a box for Total Stats, which read "Distance: 9997.7 Mi." So sometime tomorrow, when I'm 2.3 miles into my run, I will cross the 10,000 mile marker. Not for my life, but at least since I started using an online log in 2002. Not sure what that means except that I'm badly afflicted with this running addiction that seems to be rampant on this board.

Runners run

JakeKnight

So sometime tomorrow, when I'm 2.3 miles into my run, I will cross the 10,000 mile marker.
        (expletive deleted) (it rhymed with duck) That's a lot of running. That's a lot of anything. In a lifetime, not to mention a few years. By my rough calculations, you'll have circled the equator by some point in 2016. Pace yourself.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

madness baby

Yes, that's quite a few miles, Mike. Enjoy all the glory of that run tomorrow!! Smile big. I'd probably cry at that 2.3 mile mark. Can I now (*sheepishly*) post my total stats of 149.5? That would also be my yearly total for 2006. But, I'm aiming for 1500 this year now that I'm addicted. Woo hoo!
          deb
            2006 = 1,649 miles (236 = races: 7 marathons, 2 half-marathons, 6 shorter races). Fewer miles than in 2005 (1,733), but faster times in my races. Overall average pace for 2006: 8:09 Overall average pace for 2005: 8:23 Overall average pace for 2004: 9:20
            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
            Scout7

Miles posted here: 396 Miles from when I actually started keeping track: 783.97 (starting in April). Would've been higher if I hadn't gotten sick last week.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

but faster times in my races
                Thanks! You give me hope!!
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

(expletive deleted) (it rhymed with duck)
                  Yeah, what he said. That's a lot of miles! How did you feel breaking the 10,000 mark today? By the way, welcome back to the forums Jake! Where have you been? I was beginning to miss your caustic comments (as opposed to my sarcastic comments Big grin )
                    Little late to the game here but finished up with 1,140. That's no where near where I was in 2003 or 2004 but a vast improvement over last year. Hoping to stay on the track to higher miles in 2007.
                    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                    JakeKnight

By the way, welcome back to the forums Jake! Where have you been?
                      Traveling. Christmas. Family. Beer. Cigars. And, happily, I was busy collecting miles of my own. I have this new theory that running more and talking less will actually be more effective in improving my running. It's just a theory though. Cool

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

Traveling. Christmas. Family. Beer. Cigars. And, happily, I was busy collecting miles of my own. I have this new theory that running more and talking less will actually be more effective in improving my running. It's just a theory though. Cool
                        I've always heard you should be able to talk while you're running... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Prophet!

(expletive deleted) (it rhymed with duck)
                          cluck ? pluck ?? muck ??? buck ???? truck ?????
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

cluck ? pluck ?? muck ??? buck ???? truck ?????
                            Chuck luck. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...