Look what my wife can do (Read 1283 times)

So crazy. I know that the Ironman is one of the premier endurance events, but I never would've guessed this kind of reaction in our area. My wife did her first Ironman (Lake Placid) this past July, and she has had two articles in the local paper and now one TV interview. I even got in on the action there (although i looked like a deer caught in headlights). I have a link to the TV spot on our blog @ http://houseofdixon.blogspot.com/2007/08/tiffs-now-local-hero.html I'm really proud and excited for her...
      Congrats to your wife --- what a feat!
      2009: BQ?
        That's Awesome!!! Congrats, Tiffany!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...you guys are awesome! Maybe a little nuts, but definitely awesome! I'd love to try a tri, but I don't really have any interest in the swimming portion. I'd love to try my hand at a duathlon someday, though. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

Hey man, we're neighbors! Congrats to your wife! Are you guys gonna be at the Sylvania tri this weekend? I'm doing the swim portion on a relay team.
            btb1490

Very cool, definitely something for you both to be proud of! Very nice of you to acknowledge her accomplishment like this! Congrats to your wife.
              eric :)

Jeremy! Tiffany is my new hero :-) Please relay my congrats to her! You should definitely save the clip.
                  Piggybacking on what eric : ) said .... Wink What about getting the article(s) about her framed or put on a plaque (sp) ? That would be a neat way to commemorate her achievement!!

Anyone have pizza?

That was such an awesome clip, I smiled the whole time! Big time congrats to her and you too!!!
                      congratulations to tiffany - and i see you've got yourself signed up for next year too. good luck! training for and completing an ironman (even though i'm very very slow indeed - nothing like tiffany!) was the best thing i ever did. you'll love it i'm sure. nothing compares with crossing that line.
                      Mishka-old log

nothing compares with crossing that line.
                        I don't know about that. Eating an entire pizza afterward is pretty far up there.
                          I don't know about that. Eating an entire pizza afterward is pretty far up there.
                          What about the post race beer?
                            i ate pretty much an entire chicken afterwards. couldn't manage a beer though - i had a few mouthfuls then went back to trying to drink my entire bodyweight in water. made up for it with a beer or two the following day though Smile

madness baby

Wow, wow, wow. That's incredible! Congrats to you both!
                              deb
                                Hey man, we're neighbors! Congrats to your wife! Are you guys gonna be at the Sylvania tri this weekend? I'm doing the swim portion on a relay team.
                                Mishka, We aren't doing the Sylvania Tri this year because we are now getting ready for the "Buckeye Challenge" which is August 19th, so we still have some long runs and bike rides to get in before this. Also this will be my first Tri longer than the Sprint distance so I'm a little nervous about making sure my training plans go just right. I do hope your team has a good race and you have a good swim @ Olander (should be good weather if weather channel is right)