I broke 17:19!!! (Read 1108 times)

H RIMZ

Yesterday me and my top 7 cc runner ran the the greater Hartford xc invitational. It was hosted on our home course which is deffinatley a good place for pr's. My goal for this season was to break 18 and up until yesterday my best time for this year was 18:22( not my previous pr). so going into this race breaking 18 was a real possibility, given the perfect conditions. so pretty much all of my team pr'd and i pr'd both for the 5k and the 2 mile split 11:07. so yea good stuff.

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

TJoseph

Great job!
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations!! You killed 18. What's your next goal?
        redleaf

Congrats on an amazing time!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

H RIMZ

Congratulations!! You killed 18. What's your next goal?
            Well we have the conference meet at my course in two weeks so it will be about the same amount of people on the same course and i actually hope to break 17. I felt so great after the race wasnt even tired.

a_brow89

Damn, nicely done.. One question though: I see from your indoor goals that you are focusing more on mid-distance events. But, judging by your XC times, you seem to be better suited for longer distances. I know low 17s for a 5k is far better than 2:12 for an 800. Is it just because you haven't run indoor before and you don't know what goals are realistic? Anyway, I was just curious why you dont focus on the 1600 and 3200? I think you could have a lot of success there
                I expect he could run 2:08 in the 800 already but doesn't know it yet. And if he trained for it probably 2:04 is possible. If not then yeah... maybe endurance is more his specialty than a middle-distance race. But it doesn't hurt to try them all that's for sure.

Thats really a good time... I cant even imagine running a time like that one... Excellent job......Keep running... Smile Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

so pretty much all of my team pr'd and i pr'd both for the 5k and the 2 mile split 11:07. so yea good stuff.
                    Congratulations! That's an awesome race!

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

H RIMZ

Damn, nicely done.. One question though: I see from your indoor goals that you are focusing more on mid-distance events. But, judging by your XC times, you seem to be better suited for longer distances. I know low 17s for a 5k is far better than 2:12 for an 800. Is it just because you haven't run indoor before and you don't know what goals are realistic? Anyway, I was just curious why you dont focus on the 1600 and 3200? I think you could have a lot of success there
                      The 3200 and 1600 are my main focus, but im a senior and i want to get faster for outdoor and take a little load of my distance training so i plan to do the mid distance competiton. And your probably right about my underestimating times