garmin 110 not recording first 500+m of run (Read 353 times)

rhetorician

any ideas? I turn it on, satellites pick up, press start and then the pace and distance parts of the screen go blank, only time is recorded. It usually picks up about 500m into the run - so pace is all off for first km, and then distance is out for whole run (e.g. on connect the run route starts from where the distance started recording). Anyone else have this? it's not the end of the world, but it does render the watch a bit pointless - I've gone back to relying on my RA route maps for distance.

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half

it sounds like the satelites aren't picking up.  And then they pick up a few minutes later(i.e. 500m into the run)

rhetorician

yes, but it goes from the loading page into the data screen as if it is ready to go, but then cuts out again when you press 'start'...

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half

yes, but it goes from the loading page into the data screen as if it is ready to go, but then cuts out again when you press 'start'...

I turn my Garmin 310 on and walk away from it for a few minutes while I get dressed, stretch or whatever. I have a data field that displays the accuracy and look at that before I actually start my run. If the accuracy is not that good, I'll wait and see if it gets better.

You may want to call Garmin support and see if there is something wrong with the watch if its losing the satellites as you say it is.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

My Garmin 110 does not start timing immediately when I press start.  Instead, it beeps once, then pauses 2 - 3 seconds, beeps again and then it starts.  Not sure what's wrong with it.