Scissors (Read 649 times)

I'm a Fiskars man myself.  They fit my hand well, and I can cut a pretty good distance before they need to be replaced.  I can usually tell when they're worn by the soreness that develops in my hand.

You should totally check out Cutting Warehouse.  The reviews are helpful, and I enthusiastically endorse their ShearFitr utility -- they've measured the contours of every pair of scissors they sell, so you can compare any pair to something else you're familiar with to compare the fit.

If you meant the other kind of scissors, then I recommend THIS ONE.

Have you tried rock? I hear that it beats scissors...

Kalsarikännit

Wow....you tear by hand?  How did you start into that -- just cold turkey?  Did do something in between from full scissors and hand tearing, like use a box cutter, or one half of those kitchen shears that come apart at the pivot joint? 

Cold turkey. You have to start out slowly. You don't want to abuse the tendons and end up injured. But now I am in full swing. I must spend a solid 25 minutes, three times a week tearing. I spend another 14 hours per week telling people why they are wrong for using scissors.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

bhearn

What about using those five-finger things, like foot gloves, but for your hands, to ease the transition?

Kalsarikännit

What about using those five-finger things, like foot gloves, but for your hands, to ease the transition?

That's the problem with you people. Just because you read Born to Shred doesn't mean you know everything.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You either are a tearer or you aren't.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

I'm not so much into tearing as I am rendering. As for using scissors, I perform equally well with them in my left or right hand. Left handed scissors are slightly more difficult to find though and I've resorted to cutting off the handles and welding them on backwards at times. but it still doesn't work as well as purpose made left handed shears.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

L Train

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bump to help me find again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Village people

Are you plannng on buying that outifit? You can never have too many little black dresses.

Maybe that would be an idea for a RA feature - allow each user to keep a listing of their favorite threads.  Then again, I can't imagine why you wanted to bump THIS thread?

Then again, I can't imagine why you wanted to bump THIS thread?

Because it's awesome?

Maybe that would be an idea for a RA feature - allow each user to keep a listing of their favorite threads.

This feature exists already.

Runners run

This feature exists already.

Are you referring to the "My Topics" tab?