How bizzare! (Read 1014 times)

I had a parakeet for 8 years, that bird was the best! They have quite the personality for such a small animal. Have fun with it if you decide to keep it!

Into the wild

Hi, good story. we had a young parrot fly into our garden 3 years back, fortunately it had an ID ring. We called organisation responsible for collating bird data in France and waited while they contacted the owner - a guy some 10km from our house. He arrived the next day (he'd been at his daughter's wedding that day), presented us with a couple of bottles of decent red wine and offered his sincerest thanks. He'd just bought it! (2000 dollars), he drove home, and stumbled heading up his driveway. The bird did a runner Big grin I'll modify this later with a pic... (I recall everyone thinking it too funny when it cr@pped on my baldy head!!!) There he is...

Shut up and run

Soleilpie

You might even consider notifying the humane society to see if you can at least report having the parakeet just in case the owner contacts them looking for it. I know that's one of the 1st places I 'd contact if I were looking for a lost pet.