What is everyone making for Thanksgiving? (Read 99 times)

We're going to a big extended family Thanksgiving several hours away, so I'll be helping prepare food there....I prefer hosting at my house, and making most of it myself. One thing is a given with me, though....rum cake! What is on your menu?

Member Since 2008

Turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, green beans, and pecan pie.  Oh yes and the most important thing Shock Top.

Sounds good! And I agree....the booze is important.

I think the first thing i'm going to do on Thanksgiving morning, is make sweet love to my lady friend.Then, i'm not sure how the day will play out. Prolly the same'ol, same'ol like every year. Smoke a bowl, go to a relatives house, eat AND drink too much.Chill for awhile, go to another abode and rinse and repeat. Finishing it off back at my place, for a night cap, and more sheet wrinkeling.

Tim_Easterday

Japanese buffet. We don't have any family around here and don't really want to cook a bunch of stuff for just the two of us.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanksgiving is my family's favorite holiday.  Getting the whole, noisy family together and cooking (with plenty of wine, some of which ends up in the food) is the highlight of the year.

We get pretty hidebound in our holiday traditions; about 15 years ago we found and tried some Latino Thanksgiving recipes, including turkey with chorizo-cornbread stuffing, cranberry chop-chop good stuff (as we renamed it), and cranberry almond pound cake.  That's what we've made every year since, when we are home for Thanksgiving.

Led, the chorizo cornbread stuffing sounds yummy!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Led, the chorizo cornbread stuffing sounds yummy!

Yep. Smile

half-fast

Fried Turkey!!