"Garmin Communicator not Installed" (Read 54 times)

fb-guy

Hello,

I am setting up RA on a new Mac and trying to make it work the way it did on my old Mac. I have:

- MacBook with OS X Sierra.

- Garmin FR310xt with Garmin ANT chip.

- I installed Garmin Communicator, and the Garmin website says that it is installed and recognizes my 310xt.

- I installed and launched the ANT application. It recognizes my 310xt and I click yes on my computer and 310xt for pairing.

-  AnThe ANT application connects with the watch, and gives me the "Please enter your Garmin Connect" credentials. I click cancel, as I don't have a Garmin account. I just want to push my watch info straight to RA. I get the signal that ANT is transferring and my 310xt says transferring, but then I get a red X and an ANT message saying that the "Last Data Transfer Failed." and it tries again. And again.

- I click on "Upload from GPS" on RA, and it says that Garmin Communicator Not Installed", but it is. Or at least the Garmin website says it is.

Thanks for any help getting this back to where it was before.

FB

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

an amazing likeness

You need to upgrade to Garmin Express. Garmin Communicator is a browser plug-in which is no longer supported in Safari, Chrome, Firefox.

Info on Garmin's website via this link.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

runmichigan

You must have a Garmin Connect account.  Once you have Garmin Express installed and the integration between Garmin Connect and RA turned on, your workouts will be automatically uploaded to Garmin Connect and then pushed to RA (usually within seconds).  The Garmin Connect account simply acts as a pass through.  You do not need to use it for any other purpose.

fb-guy

Thanks for the help. I am in the process of installing Garmin Express, and just have to chuckle. I am getting an error message from Garmin -- "Server Error -- We are having trouble communicating with our servers. Try again."

You gotta love Garmin.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Thanks for the help. I am in the process of installing Garmin Express, and just have to chuckle. I am getting an error message from Garmin -- "Server Error -- We are having trouble communicating with our servers. Try again."

You gotta love Garmin.

Thanks.

I had that problem last week. I have been using Garmin Express for a while now. Occasionally it stops downloading my workouts, and I have found that removing the device (a Forerunner 310XT), then uninstalling Garmin Express, rebooting, reinstalling Garmin Express and then re-pairing the device will fix the problem. There might be some other way to fix the problem, but this seems to work.

It stopped working a week or two ago, so I removed the device and uninstalled the program from the Windows 10 laptop. I figured I would try installing Garmin Express on the Mac Mini instead, just to see if it was different on the Mac. And I got the message you spoke of. I wasn't able to get it to work, so I uninstalled the Garmin Express from the Mac Mini and installed it on the Windows 10 laptop. It is working for now.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

an amazing likeness

You gotta love Garmin.

Thanks.

A good collection of troubleshooting suggestions for this error are on the Garmin support site: link.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

fb-guy

Thanks for the help guys,

I found the workaround on the Garmin site, and it seems to be working.