Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Great work Greg, you look fantastic! Looks like you had to go out an buy a whole new wardrobe Wink
    Don't look at me, I'm just here to run.
    Purdey

Self anointed title

Bumping coz it's awesome.

IMKY13 finish!!

Bumping coz it's awesome.
        Another bump Big grin

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Hi everyone, I'm very new to running (about 1 month in) and completely new to this forum, but I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for all the inspiration. I've always been fairly active but running was the one activity I never thought I could do. I'm only trudging along and maybe running 2-3 miles at a time, but these stories make me wonder if a marathon isn't completely crazy - someday. I also wonder what I might look like 20 pounds lighter. Keep the inspiration coming, it helps me get up in the morning and put on those sneakers.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Welcome Fay! Keep the faith girl - ANYTHING is possible. Keep on running and loving it. Oh and I peeked at your blog for just a bit - and I think I gained about 5 pounds Big grin Those dishes are gorgeous!
            ~ Fly ~
            Only as much as I dream can I be.
            veggies on the run
              Thanks Maplefly! My love of cooking - plus the fact that I work in food television and am surrounded by food or images of food ALL DAY - is one of the main reasons I started to run. This job can be pure torture...

Baby bean!

I agree... the before and after pictures are a huge inspiration and I think everyone should be so proud, whether they lost 5 or 50 pounds. Fay...welcome! I'm in the borough to the east Wink and started a few weeks ago! Keep it up!

Goals:
                Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Running Dad

Well here goes, *apologize for the size of the pics. Before is the day of my first daughters birth, wife still in surgery(c section), weighing in around 210lbs. After is is a 911 ceremony and my most recent road race. and now at around 157lbs. My running career will be 2 years old in October. A lot of people thought I was 'skinny enough' when I was over 200 but in my line of work 200 #'s and another 60+ of equipment climbing stairs and running can get tiring. Now everyone has to keep up with me. It didn't happen over night and that's the thing about it all. Most people think that for me it did. But I tell everyone who's trying to lose the weight and get healthier, you have to stick with it. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
                  Things to do this year:
                  Not get an injury
                  Things done this year:
                  Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well here goes, Before is the day of my first daughters birth, wife still in surgery(c section), weighing in around 210lbs.
                    Heh...that's still less than I weighed when I gave birth... Blush Amazing...you are definitely one of those people who knocked 10 years off of your appearance with the weight loss. NICE job! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm only trudging along and maybe running 2-3 miles at a time, but these stories make me wonder if a marathon isn't completely crazy - someday.
                      If I can do it...anyone can! 2.5 years ago I was a non-runner...today I ran my longest run ever, 17 miles. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Well here goes, *apologize for the size of the pics.
                        You need a better before pic. 160 lbs at 6'1 is skinny dude! Well, I guess it depends on your frame though.

Vim

If I can do it...anyone can! 2.5 years ago I was a non-runner...today I ran my longest run ever, 17 miles. Smile
                          You go Zoomie! Mr. Medic: Lookin' good!

The young Mama Bear!

Everyone...wow!
                            Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                            Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

Running Dad

You need a better before pic.
                              Funny thing actually. Before I got married there really are no pictures of me. Probably less than 20 floating around but nothing other than that. That's about the best I can do. As for weight, I'm still no where near HS or Pre college(2nd time), but for me I'm happy. Zoom, funny you should say 10 years. True story, Me and the wife went to see The Happening awhile back. So we pulled up, in our minivan, got out and walked up to the window. "Two for 'The Happening'" "Yeah? We're gonna need to see some ID" "Are you serious?" "Yes" "But I'm 31!" True story.
                              Things to do this year:
                              Not get an injury
                              Things done this year:
                              Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

Hoping to Run Again :-(

True story.
                                I'd believe it - you look incredible!
                                ~ Fly ~
                                Only as much as I dream can I be.
                                veggies on the run