Where to go? (Read 558 times)

Ok, so my husband and I are thinking of moving somewhere new. We need a change of pace, new surroundings, a chance to get out of our rut. We live in Maine, and I love it here, but I've spent most of my life here and I think things have become stagnant. So, since there are many people from many places here I thought perhaps I'd ask for some ideas. We have some basic stipulations; it has to be summer more than it's winter, lots of outdoor activities, decent schools (someday we'll have kids), jobs, and nice people (some of whom like to run of course),. Anyone from that place?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

We have some basic stipulations; it has to be summer more than it's winter, lots of outdoor activities, decent schools (someday we'll have kids), jobs, and nice people (some of whom like to run of course),. Anyone from that place?
      Hmm, just moved from there a year ago. Rocklin, CA. A suburb of Sacramento. We even (still) have a house for sale there (doh!). *waves hand, invoking Jedi mind powers* You want to buy my house.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

mbk

Santa Fe, NM. Don't live there but have vacationed there and dream of moving there. Beautiful trails and scenery, skiing in the winter if you are into that, mild weather most of the time, smallish city with the best of urban and rural, wonderful summer Opera company with beautiful open-air opera house, nice arts community, eclectic, etc., etc. Go, go now. When you get there please start your own company and then hire me. Thanks in advance. When do I start?
        Scout7

I have an acquaintance of mine who just moved to Sacramento. He LOVES it. Except for the whole summer thing, I like Philly.

My dogs are fast, not me

I vote for Raleigh, NC. I loved living there. Don't know about the schools though. Robin

Robin

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have an acquaintance of mine who just moved to Sacramento. He LOVES it.
              Does he/she want to buy a house in the 'burbs? Please?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

Does he/she want to buy a house in the 'burbs? Please?
                Where abouts is it?
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Where abouts is it?
                  Rocklin. Bedroom community NE of Sacto. Adjacent to Roseville, which is one of the fastest-growing cities in the state.