Displaying Calories? (Read 164 times)

Canuck

I've seen a few people who have in their logs a section for calories.  My Garmin records calories burned for my runs, but I can't find it anywhere when I edit my workout data.  What am I missing?

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Maniac

You need to enter your weight into your running log info for the workout.  If you do that, the RA formula will calculate your calories burned.  FYI, it'll likely be a little different from your Garmin calculations.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Canuck

OK, thanks.  I'll try that out.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

You need to enter your weight into your running log info for the workout.  If you do that, the RA formula will calculate your calories burned.  FYI, it'll likely be a little different from your Garmin calculations.

That is not what he asked for. He wants to see the calories from his Garmin, not the estimates this site makes.

As far as I can figure out, it is not possible to overrule the RH estimate, even if you have a device that meassures the value more correctly.

Your Garmin and the RunningAhead training log are each using a simple formula to estimate calories burned. Neither of them is likely correct. For practical purposes it doesn't matter which one you use.

Runners run

Slo

Your Garmin and the RunningAhead training log are each using a simple formula to estimate calories burned. Neither of them is likely correct. For practical purposes it doesn't matter which one you use.

+1

Even with the heart rate monitor. Still only a best approximation.