2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

The Thunder

Wow!  That must have been easy for you!

Ran 2:56:40, enjoyed it and got my BQ.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

CalBears

I did it!

2:59:39 at Rock and Roll San Diego.

This was my first time under 3 hours (not sure why the list says otherwise). Previous PR was 3:22.

Wow! 23 minutes improvement? Very impressive. Congrats! Any chance for an RR?

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

DoppleBock

Sweet - 20 seconds ... to spare!

I did it!

This was my first time under 3 hours (not sure why the list says otherwise). Previous PR was 3:22.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I have managed little noticeable progress toward my 6/23 goal.  Weight still 220.  Still not real consistent with training ~ Good for 5 days and then nothing for a couple.  Beer is still tasting way too good and sleep way too inviting.

I have a pace test this weekend with a 5 miler.  Then 2 weeks of taper to the marathon.  I am a really long shot, but I have stolen 2 sub 3 in the past when I did not deserve to break 3 ... so we will see!

DB - if it provides any incentive, here are the top 3 times from last year:

1: 1 Scott Jansky 2 Winner M 38 1 01:20:21.1 6:08 02:50:48.5 6:31
            2: 2 Nic Giebler 57 M 30-39 M 31 6 01:30:23.6 6:54 02:59:24.7 6:51
            3: 4 Nick Schroeder 153 M 18-29 M 20 10 01:31:22.6 6:58 03:05:19.2 7:04

Big grin

I did it!

Nice work--that's gotta feel good!

Runners run

DoppleBock

I know Nic - He and a friend are going to try and run 2:55 ... Sounds just like what you said at one time.  I will not be in 2:55 shape, but it would be fun to roll in a little pack.  My guess is a few more faster people will show up other than Scott.

I will be so close to the edge, that fantasy is 2:59Tight lippedx.  It will take a day like this morning ... low 50s and cloudy to think I can do it.

DB - if it provides any incentive, here are the top 3 times from last year:

1: 1 Scott Jansky 2 Winner M 38 1 01:20:21.1 6:08 02:50:48.5 6:31
                2: 2 Nic Giebler 57 M 30-39 M 31 6 01:30:23.6 6:54 02:59:24.7 6:51
                3: 4 Nick Schroeder 153 M 18-29 M 20 10 01:31:22.6 6:58 03:05:19.2 7:04

Big grin

Wow! 23 minutes improvement? Very impressive. Congrats! Any chance for an RR?

Thanks! I just wrote / posted the my race report: http://jaxn.org/2013/06/04/rockroll-san-diego-marathon-recap/ (it is a little long)

--

Nashville, TN

Turbolegs

Thanks! I just wrote / posted the my race report: http://jaxn.org/2013/06/04/rockroll-san-diego-marathon-recap/ (it is a little long)

Read it .. just awesome .. congratz on running a great race ... the rapidity of improvement for you has been nothing short of meteoric !!

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

spinach

Since i didn't do a sub three at Fargo last month, I am running several marathons during the summer as training type runs  to help me prepare for whatever marathon I will use as my goal race in the fall (probably Twin Cities).  Today I ran the Swan lake Marathon in Viborg SD.  They have had a very wet week and two inches of rain yesterday and 18 miles of the route were on dirt roads.  Actually they weren't dirt roads they were mud roads this morning and it rained all through the race and the winds were 20 - 30 mph.  Perhaps the toughest conditions I have run a marathon (or any race) in.  I clearly wasn't expecting to break three and I didn't come close, but I did exactly hit the time I told several I was shooting for (3:15:00) and I won the race.  My first win in a marathon.  Not bad for someone who will turn 56 in a couple weeks.  This win puts me in a good mood for training this summer..

DoppleBock

congrats - Nice report.

Today I ran the Swan lake Marathon in Viborg SD.  They have had a very wet week and two inches of rain yesterday and 18 miles of the route were on dirt roads.  Actually they weren't dirt roads they were mud roads this morning and it rained all through the race and the winds were 20 - 30 mph.  Perhaps the toughest conditions I have run a marathon (or any race) in.  I clearly wasn't expecting to break three and I didn't come close, but I did exactly hit the time I told several I was shooting for (3:15:00) and I won the race.  My first win in a marathon.  Not bad for someone who will turn 56 in a couple weeks.  This win puts me in a good mood for training this summer..

Wow, great running!  And congrats on the win, Methuselah.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

DoppleBock

Dopplebock (44/yes) – 23JUN2013 – Maritime (Manitowoc WI)  RESULT = DNS (wedding

?

I am running the Maritime, going for a sub 3 ~ I do not remember posting anything about a wedding ...

I am a long shot for sub 3, only being able to muster a 31:59 5 miler this last Saturday ... but I am still hoping,

spinach

Dopplebock (44/yes) – 23JUN2013 – Maritime (Manitowoc WI)  RESULT = DNS (wedding

?

I am running the Maritime, going for a sub 3 ~ I do not remember posting anything about a wedding ...

I was thinking about doing Maritime but the wedding has kept me out.  I must have mentioned that in this thread.

DoppleBock

Being confused with spinach, I can only dream of running as well and be as good looking in 11 years.

I was thinking about doing Maritime but the wedding has kept me out.  I must have mentioned that in this thread.