Four dobermans! (Read 552 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Yikes! Shocked We have our original two who are fine. Then some local doggie foster parents needed someone to doggie-sit two of theirs for a few days. These two are survivors of a bad abuse case here in Georgia, a family that was raising a couple dozen dobes under horrendous conditions (probably for dogfighting or "guard dog" purposes) got busted a few months ago. The ones that survived have been rehabilitated (the dogs have, anyway) but there's always the chance of a problem. Our two are rescued dogs and have been great so we agreed, we're even considering adopting one of them. I won't need an alarm system, anyway. Can you imagine a potential burglar peering in the window and seeing four dobermans, then still deciding to break in? It will be an interesting few days... BTW we have no cats, ROTFL cute or otherwise.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Russ- Be careful with the two new dogs. I guess you can't help but keep up with the Vick thing around here since that is what the local news talks about- but yesterday they were reporting on the 47 (or however many it was) dogs that were in the kennels and said it was unlikely they could be rehabilitated once they were trained to fight. But to your point- yes, I think it would be a very bad night for an intruder that came in your house. I can imagine the look on their face. Smile
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      t_runner

So sad that people could do something like that to dogs.. it is on the news all the time, and it never ceases to shock me. At least there are people out there willing to work with and help rehabilitate the dogs. Hope all is going well with the 4 of them together, and good luck if you are able to adopt one! At least while you are dog-sitting, you can be a good judge of how they get along before you do decide to adopt. Dobermans are such beautiful dogs, the look on the one in your avatar is so cute! Do any of them run with you? We adopted a rescue mix a couple months ago, some people guess he has doberman in him along with other guesses of hound, lab, rottweiler, german shepherd, boxer (the last two seem the least likely to me) http://www.dogster.com/dogs/600677 Yes.. I made my dog a web page. I also made a special run type in my log here so I could track his miles without creating a separate account for him.
          Any burglar that would break into a home with ONE Doberman, let alone FOUR, would be stupid. Have fun doggie sitting!!
          ---- Cynthia

Imminent Catastrophe

Update: We only took the female, since we didn't want to overwhelm our two. She looks very much like Daisy (my avatar) but she's still underweight and kind of timid, understandably. I was wrong about some of the details of the case, but it's awful: http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/11322/GA/US/ video

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Bless your heart, PerfesserR, for taking the one dobe in. It's sickening what people do to animals. I truly wish people like that could endure the same treatment they subjected the dogs to. I hope it goes well with her! Smile
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

\video
                I think that vet was fighting back tears. I could not do her job...as a child I wanted to be a vet, until I got older and realized it wasn't just about caring for happy, healthy, loved animals. Russ, your new baby is so lucky to have you guys to take good care of her and rehabilitate her. People who harm children and animals should have the same done to them. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Russ, how wonderful of you to take in the girl. I volunteer at the MD SPCA, and it always touches my heart when people adopt animals ... especially special animals. Hope she brings years of joy and love to your family.
                  2009: BQ?