about Skechers GoRun variants (Read 121 times)

Wing

Joggaholic

I've tried the GoRun, I didn't like the bump. I tried the GoRun2 and I liked it. I know there's also the Ride and Bionic and Speed (and maybe more?), which I have not tried out in stores. I've read good reviews on them but what are the differences between the various models? Does anyone have a short comparison summary?

Thanks!

npaden

I'm about to move my 2nd pair of GoRuns to backup duty and start wearing my 3rd pair (got them on sale at Amazon), but I have a pair of GoRun2s and Bionics in the closet waiting (also on sale at Amazon).

The GoRun2 seems a nice improvement over the GoRun and I'm anxious to start wearing them.  The Bionic seems like a nice shoe too, but they are a little less cushiony and I'm planning on wearing them for speedwork after my marathon when I start working toward my 10K goal time.

I'm a fan, especially at the sale prices on them, but they don't seem to have much of a following.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I'm a fan, especially at the sale prices on them, but they don't seem to have much of a following.

I got a pair for Christmas and like them.  I've got the Go-Run and kind of like the extra support in the arch which is something that I seem to need.     I've only run about 20 miles in them but each time I run in them I like them a little more........

AND, if they're good enough for MEB, the are definitely good enough for me..

Champions are made when no one is watching

J-L-C

I've tried the GoRun, I didn't like the bump. I tried the GoRun2 and I liked it. I know there's also the Ride and Bionic and Speed (and maybe more?), which I have not tried out in stores. I've read good reviews on them but what are the differences between the various models? Does anyone have a short comparison summary?

Thanks!

I think the Bionic is zero drop.

Half Fanatic #846

Check the minimalist shoe reviews (including the GoBionic) at  www.runblogger.com.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Wing

Joggaholic

ok, thanks everyone for the feedback. Here's what I've figured out, there's actually this little brochure inside the GoRun box that summarizes the differences between all the various models! It sometimes goes missing but if you look in another unopened box you will find it. Why did Skechers not put that up prominently on its website is a mystery to me.

I did get a pair of GoRun2 today and just finished a TM run in them, I really liked them, the bump is not noticeable and while initially I worried about the toe box appearing to be a bit narrow/snug for me, the mesh is quite flexible and it worked out just right. I'll have to try them out on the roads soon. While at the store I also tried the GoRide, it's a bit more cushioned and not as breathable. I wanted to try the GObionic but it's nowhere to be found in stores nearby.