If I could put 1 running related bumper sticker on my car, it would not be this one. (Read 465 times)

Here's a product idea for one of you entrepreneurs. A quick-print, 12-volt bumper magnet printer, so you can respond immediately to whatever is on the car you parked next to.

When you get rich, I'll take credit in the form of 25%.

funny you mention that. I've often wanted something like that.

The first canned message I'd have to display is "Put down the phone, and drive!"

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

funny you mention that. I've often wanted something like that.

The first canned message I'd have to display is "Put down the phone, and drive!"

+1

steph  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Why not an ePaper display; you could even have it write out the message slowly as if you were typing it:

"Textign whlie drviing.  Y doo 1 thing porly when U can do 2?"

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Why not an ePaper display; you could even have it write out the message slowly as if you were typing it:

+1

Hoodoo Guru

If a person really does run 0.0, why would they take such pride in such a thing as to throw that sticker on their car?

If it is to be funny, I understand, but in some cases, if they put it on to express their displeasure with others who do run and put circle stickers on their cars, then I don't get it.  

-  Maybe I am overthinking it.  :-)

You are overthinking it.   By the way, does anyone else always try to see who's driving those cars with the 13.1 and 26.2 stickers, just in case it's someone you know?

The tangents are moot.

ultramarathon/triathlete

In the spirit of bumper stickers (I don't have a car, dislike this stickers, but I'd be tempted to put a 140.6 on).  I think it would be funny to see a calvin, with an m-dot tattoo on a leg or arm, peeing on a 26.2 sticker.

I have a friend who has a shirt that says something like "You did an Ironman?  How cute."  On the back it says Florida Double, or whatever his double iron race was called.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

joescott

funniest thing I've seen all day!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I have a friend who has a shirt that says something like "You did an Ironman?  How cute."  On the back it says Florida Double, or whatever his double iron race was called.

In a double, do you go through the whole cycle twice?  Or do they extend the distances?  Swim->Bike->Run->Swim->Bike->Run  (that would be kind interesting to me . . . except for the whole 280+ miles thing)

In a double, do you go through the whole cycle twice?  Or do they extend the distances?  Swim->Bike->Run->Swim->Bike->Run  (that would be kind interesting to me . . . except for the whole 280+ miles thing)

It is each sport in order 4.8, 236, 52.4 or whatever.  I know of one guy who does these plus ran the long way across Illinois -407 miles in less than seven days.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

If running were easy it'd be called your mom.

You people have issues 

lagwagon

If running were easy it'd be called your mom.

and what if its hard?

Yep.  I also find them useful when driving to smaller out of town races because often times people with those stickers help me navigate to the start area. Smile

You are overthinking it.   By the way, does anyone else always try to see who's driving those cars with the 13.1 and 26.2 stickers, just in case it's someone you know?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yep.  I also find them useful when driving to smaller out of town races because often times people with those stickers help me navigate to the start area. Smile

+1

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And they are potential conversation starters, I guess, not at races, but at your grocery store parking lot.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Lol, I do this, too!

Around here, I'm always mildly interested when I see a sticker, as there are very few who run and I'm curious if this is someone I didn't know about.  But not interested enough to strike up a conversation based on that alone.

On the tangential topic of "detecting" other runners, does anyone else take note if they see someone else wearing a pair of Brooks or other type of shoe that is generally considered a "running" shoe?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people