Austin Marathon (Read 737 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Very nice, very nice race report, and how cool to have a significant other that runs that close to your pace! That must be nice. Now explain the mystery of your log. How'd you run a 20 minute PR off a grand total of @ 60 miles in the 5 weeks before the race? Are you not logging your runs? You're a former Olympian? Maybe cross-training heavily for a triathlon? Just curious.
    It was nice (when it wasn't annoying as hell - you know how these things are). Unfortunately, he's been side-lined since August with an achilles tear. I don't really want to run another marathon without him. It's a pain not to have a training partner and then to also come home to a sulky husband. Goddess of undertraining? All my runs were diligently logged. It's just as much a mystery to me as anyone else where that race came from. As Bad Dawg pointed out, I had a previous thread where I discussed the issue, and was considering bagging on the race. The day before the race, I decided I should at least TRY the bloody thing, since I paid the money and got the shirt, and not be mad at myself if I decided to bail out.