Love your bottled water? (Read 1091 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Gosh. I thought my dishwasher did a pretty good job.

i sacrificed the gift

Ahh, the cost on the environment.  Yes, it's there.  But it's externalized.  My health cannot become someone else's problem, like my trash can.

This is a tough moral position for me, but the fact of the matter is, through the simple act of living in the United States, one externalizes an uncountable number of their costs on others.  You cannot be part of this system and avoid it.   This is why we are able to enjoy the quality of life that we do.

Luckily some plastic water bottles can be recycled (I buy FIJI, which can), and those that can't can be remade into other goods.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
      Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
      Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Lazy idiot

Ahh, the cost on the environment.  Yes, it's there.  But it's externalized.  My health cannot become someone else's problem, like my trash can.

However, now that we have taken healthcare as a national initiative and the society as a whole will be more responsible for the health of individuals, I sincerely hope that more people think about this issue and do not go down the reckless path that you have chosen for yourself.

Tick tock

i sacrificed the gift

Yes, but my health is still of importance to me.

I'd rather not have Hep C, even if someone else is paying for the treatment.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hep C is not transmitted by the feco-oral route.  Good try. 

RH, please provide some evidence to support your assertion that there is risk from bacterial contamination of my clean glassware sitting in my cabinet.

i sacrificed the gift

It was an example, not related to the current discussion.

I am scouring wikipedia right now Trent, hold your horses for a minute.

Lazy idiot

Yes, but my health is still of importance to me.

Gotcha, oops.  I misunderstood what you were saying.  Carry on.

Tick tock

Lane

It was an example, not related to the current discussion.

I am editing wikipedia right now Trent, hold your horses for a minute.

Fixed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wikipedia?

Please provide GOOD evidence.  Like from peer reviewed studies.  Or from reliable websites.  Or federal websites.  Make sure what you actually provide is relevant to the question.

No risk has been established.

+42

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How far off-base am I in deducing that RH is arguing for using lots of bottled water, plastic tableware, and paper towels to open doors, on the basis of fear of "germs" ?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

i sacrificed the gift

Well Wikipedia is a good place to find information which references primary literature.  I will agree that there is a lot of crap on there but usually you can find some pretty good links to articles.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

there is a lot of crap on there

Yes.  Yes there is.

BTW, interesting that you used the term "crap" and yet still use it as a source. Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm headed out to have lunch.  A dirty pit of a place in a poor part of town.  Cinder block shack and all.  Gonna have me a deep fried spicy hot fish sandwich.  I hope that the spice will kill off the germs.  Wish me luck folks.
                                I hope you were using a keyboard condom while you typed that in. In case you don't wash your hands before lunch.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?