New Balance 767 vs. 1222 (Read 979 times)

lap

I've searched the forums but didn't find an answer to my query. I have narrow feet so tend to buy B width New Balance shoes. I'm currently rotating back and forth between my third and fourth pair of 767s. I've had no problems with the 767s, but I'm down to one new pair left in the closet and can't find my size any more. I also have a pair of 1222s in the same size that I bought a year or so ago. The 1222s, like the 767s are stability trainers, so I figured they would work also. When I try to run in the 1222s, however, I can't get a mile without my shins starting to severely ache. So, two questions: 1. Has anyone else had a similar experience with the 1222 (or another shoe) and identified the (or a possible) cause? I'd like to avoid buying similar shoes in the future. I haven't put 20 miles on the 1222s, so they are looking lousy in the $/mile calculations. 2. Since my stash of 767s is running low, I'm going to need to move to a different shoe. There's the 768s, of course, but does anyone have advice on similar shoes that run narrow? I do speedwork and races in Axiom 2s and find them very comfortable.

My legs are killing me

I have had a couple of pairs of 767's and loved them but anytime you love a particular model they stop making them. I now have a pair of 768 which I also like but they did seem a bit stiffer than the 767s but after a couple of hundred miles they regain the 767 feel.
      lap

Thanks, Sully. It looks like some places have started to sell the 769s, so it shouldn't be too long before I pick up some 768s. I like the looks of the green 769s, though...
        JOHNMAGGIO

wait until the end of the month. the 769 will be out. It has a better fitting last called the PL1 instead of the SL1. This should work really well with your narrow situation. They did update the cushioning so it should be a bit softer than the 768. I agree I did like the 767 better than the 768. The 769 should be really good except the price will be a bit high since its a new shoe. Also the 1222 is now the 1224. The 1224 is getting some good feedback so that is an option. If you wanted to. Call New Balance Corp and tell them that the 1222 is not working for you, and you were only able to get 20miles on them and they were killing you. They will most likely send you a new pair of 1224 or maybe a 769. The number is 800-253-7463, that is Corp customer service, and I have seen them help alot of people that stores generally cannot (no reciept, old shoes etc...)
          www.nbannapolis.com
          lap

Thanks for the heads up, John. I'll probably end up trying out both the 768 and 769 next month. And thanks also for the advice of contacting NB, but I think I can find a good home for the 1222s.
              I haven't worn the 767s and 1222s I own enough to make a good judgment. My opinion of the 787 and 1223: 787 -Stiff -Tighter fit -Less Traction 1223 -Loose -More Cushion -More Traction -Larger toe box

Vim